G`day

iggy

g`day my first post here ,i fish with lures only hard bodies mostly of late,i fish st georges basin ,headed out on saturday fished in 3 to 5m of water & got about 10 bream , a few small flatty`s & some pesky tailor that cost me 2 sx40`s in my 1st 2 cast!,these were the legals only kept the whiting for my `ol man let the others go which is my usual thing,looking forward to hpefully learning a lot from everybody.

cheers Iggy

post-14155-127287793239_thumb.jpg

Welcome iggy. Thanks for sharing. Great forum to learn from each other and see what everyone else is up to.

If you can pull in a catch like that, looks like you can teach some of us a thing or two ...

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good feed there mate well done !

Have been done there a few times lately myself and was blown away at the variety of fish down there , I've got 2 taylor over 2kg,fairly decent sized jackets 1 of which we ate ,couple decent squire , few good flatty's and a fair few bream ,but none 0ver 34 to the fork. Im not sure how big the average is down there but most of the fish im getting are 28 to 29 to the fork. When I fished it a couple weeks back I ended up catching a Gernard [ not sure about the spelling ] on a blade in 12 foot or so of water .

But what a wonderful part of the world to live in and fish in .

Bubba

G`day bubba, thanks ,yeah your right there is a wide variety on offer as for the tailor , you can keep em, :ranting2: they have cost me too many quality lures recently that wern`t ment for `em.Yeh the odd gurnard pokes his head up now & then ,there is also heaps of luderic or blackfish in the Basin, but i don`t think too many people chash `em ,i think they go after them more in the river,i have caught 1 on a blade ,but see heaps when fishing the shallows