Cooks 8Th May

gg85

After abit of success in the cooks last weekend decided to hit it again for a few hours on saturday with my mate tim taggin along . Heading out across botany at sunrise i was wishin i had bought the winter woolies and some shoes. After a shivering run we made it to the first bridge using 80 and 100mm wrigglers again our both first cast had a hit each but no hook up. Tim then threw another cast in close to the pylons to which he felt something slowly take the lure then at 100mph the reel starts screemin (this was definately not a bream). The fish then headed towards botany and away from the bridge we chased it with the leccy for about 5mins or so but the 4lb was no match for this fish and eventualy the leader gave in. We we back to the bridge and over the next hour we would have boated about 10 bream with 3-4 keepers amongst them. We the moved further up river with only smaller bream hitting the net. with things going quiet as the tied slowed we moved back towards the mouth where we fished the motorway wall and pulled another nice fish of 33cm to the fork into the boat by now it was about 10:00 and i had to be home soon so a quick trip to towra flats ended with a nice trav and then headed off home. In all ended up with 6 keepers and the biggest 5bag going between 29-33 and here is a couple of the bigger ones.

post-11552-127365419562_thumb.jpg

Great work mate! its hard goin in there if you dont know your stuff!!!

They look healthy too :biggrin2:

I tried there for a couple of hours last wednesday but could only manage a few little trumpiter and a small flattie and an almost legal reddie at the mouth but i deffentley need a electric to be able to get right into structure

Good stuff there mate well done,shame about the one that got away but those kind of things keep you keen for more even though they break your heart at the time.

Well done matey sounds like you had a fab session

you gotta love those squidgys especially with a dab

of S-Factor if you have on hand always gets things

in gear Oh yeah.....

Might have to make a trip in the upper reaches of the

Cooks those Breambo's have to be lure hungry these days

Cheers Rizzo :thumbup: