Weather And Fishing

AndrewNR

I am fishing this weekend regardless. In my experience I find that when the wind is up and the seas are bigger I find that the actual catching of good fish is better. The only down side is it's uncomfortable and the wind plays havoc on drifts and the lines. I have always seemed to do better on bad weather days than good. I don't know if this is just a coincedence so if anyone has their ideas post them. I will let you know if it made the fishing ordinary this weekend. Thanks.

I personally do better when when it is overcast or slightly drizzling and there is a bit of wind about. Clear blue calm sunny day usually means hard work on the water.

I fish the hacking so when the wind does pick up a bit i go into one of the bays and shelter from the wind... it never really gets too rough there.

I am fishing this weekend regardless. In my experience I find that when the wind is up and the seas are bigger I find that the actual catching of good fish is better. The only down side is it's uncomfortable and the wind plays havoc on drifts and the lines. I have always seemed to do better on bad weather days than good. I don't know if this is just a coincedence so if anyone has their ideas post them. I will let you know if it made the fishing ordinary this weekend. Thanks.

Hi cant catch any,

I must say I prefer to look for change days and try to be out there on the water at the actual am or pm time that I consider to be closest to the expected arrival of the change- as it seems to me as tho the bite livens up just before and during any sort of a change and particularly during the start of storms with heavy rain and I don't think that's been only a coincidence on one particular day either.

In the case of wind change, I find forecast times are fairly acurate with the exception of the extent of the power of the gusts- and within reason, based on my favourite days which are north easterly change days particularly where there are steady 15 knot winds once the morning settles, the stronger the gusts above average the better the change day as far as I'm concerned.

If you go off seabreeze you'll see that we've been having quite a few days of consistent southerlys on end and I've always found that the fishing in general tapers right off after a couple of days of weather that's been consistently the same- be it either good or bad weather....

Next Thursday looks to be a very good target day to me for a lively bite for species in general according to tide- On Thursday the southerly wind is forecast to change around to more of an easterly direction averaging out at about 15 knots which to me is an ideal wind speed particularly if you are fishing a morning and an afternoon run in tide session and particularly fishing close to the mouth of an estuary as any easterly aspect pushes into the run in tide roll over..

I'm hoping to go out on Monday to give my 35hp motor a final test run with three on board to see if I need to update the power to 50 or 60hp now that I have added more weight to my boat in terms of an extra live bait tank, 24v electric motor batteries and a larger ice box.. I've chosen Monday only because a cloudy day with rain is forecast which means a change in the atmosphere even tho the southerly influence continues on until Thursday's turn around which in my opinion will give the best chances of having good bite periods for longer in general according to tide.

Whilst it's good to be out on the water on a nice day, however when there's been a series of nice days on end with steady, unfluctuating barometric pressure in the main, you have to work a lot harder whereas you'll find that the change days are the best days to liven up the bite and increase the length of the bite period in general as well

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Whilst it's good to be out on the water on a nice day, you'll find that the change days are the best days to liven up the bite and increase the length of the bite period in general as well

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

A pearl of wisdom that is too often forgotten, overlooked or ignored, Byron. Great advice as always mate

Cheers

Ian