Botany Saturday Arvo

Hey guys!

Fished the bay Saturday arvo with a few mates, the weather was not the most comfortable but we still persisted.

Started off in Woolooware is was a little slow and we dropped a few good fish i guess it was just one of those days, still managed to get a nice bream on one of my vibes

e6rvwl.jpg

My mate chicken got a decent flattie on a squidgy fish in drop bear which he says thinks is the "gun colour" for them :biggrin2:

fd4njc.jpg

We started to head back to the ramp at around 430 but decided to have a quick flick in kogarah bay which was a great move!

A few cast in and i hooked up to a solid flattie and it gave me a nice work out on my new fireblood reel.

After a few nervous moments on 4lb leader i finally boated a nice 67cm fish and after a few pics was released to fight another day.

243kprl.jpg

zldpwx.jpg

I always seem to get the bigger flatties on my gear ment for bream always with lighter leaders and smaller plastics this time a berkley bulky hawg. Not that i mind too much as its alot of fun :yahoo:

Cheers guys

Pete

Well done Breambucket - good to see Woolooware is still fishing ok. I have been offline for three weeks as I have been in the US for work and am keen to hit Woolooware Bay, Taren Point and the Cooks River this weekend. Whilst in the US I spent some time shopping at Bass Pro....what a difference in prices, in fact most tackle is less than half the price we pay :ranting2: I picked up a few US version of blades at $3 - $6 each and am keen to see if they work on Aussie fish :biggrin2: Additionally I bought some hard bodies (ie Rappala count downs and minnows) that I also want to test.

Have you tried Taren Point for Bream in the last couple of weeks?

PS your head does look big in that last photo :1yikes:

Well done Breambucket - good to see Woolooware is still fishing ok. I have been offline for three weeks as I have been in the US for work and am keen to hit Woolooware Bay, Taren Point and the Cooks River this weekend. Whilst in the US I spent some time shopping at Bass Pro....what a difference in prices, in fact most tackle is less than half the price we pay :ranting2: I picked up a few US version of blades at $3 - $6 each and am keen to see if they work on Aussie fish :biggrin2: Additionally I bought some hard bodies (ie Rappala count downs and minnows) that I also want to test.

Have you tried Taren Point for Bream in the last couple of weeks?

PS your head does look big in that last photo :1yikes:

Hahahah yeah i think i was leaning towards the camera a little bit and i always try pulling a the same face the fish is pulling :1prop:

Yeah mate i have not had that much luck on the bream in the last few weeks, like i have caught alot around the 30cm mark but only a couple of plus 35cm fish and dropped one at the boat that i thought would of gone close to doin my pb in but thats fishin i guess.

Saying that i have been trying new techniques and experimenting with all types of plastics and still getting plenty of action and a few nice whiting mixed in with the flatties and bream. and have landed 4 plus 60cm flatties in the last 4 outings which is deffently a bonus when the bream are not on.

Most of the fish seem to be in the 9-5ft range in woolooware and the water is cold at 14deg! and when you go more shallow there seams to be alot of small plastic tail nipping tailor :ranting2:

Ill be out there Sunday morning with my old man to try get him his first big flattie as he has been jealous with the pics i have been showing him :yahoo: so if i see you on the water ill come and say hi!

Oh and yeah how cheap is it! i have a mate whos in canada at the moment so im going to get him to send us a few things back soon :)

Cheers

Pete

Hey Breambucket,

I was at WB on Sunday and found it quiet too. Ended up exploring the area off Towra Point along the 'elephant's trunk' to see if there was anything biting. Extensive weed beds but there were some bream, trevally and flathead in the area caught on 2" and 3" grubs as well as hardbodied lures.

Good luck this weekend to you and Basscatcher. Hope it doesn't rain on your day out. Forecast was sunny on Sunday but as it always happens - it rained for a little bit!

ps 60cm plus flatties each trip is a pretty impressive record! Get yourself an electric and your catch rate might go through the roof!

pmak