George River Saturday

with plans of going out to the bay Saturday rain checked, Basscatcher and I decided that the upper Georges was the go. With the wind blowing hard most of the day the fishing was tough. I did manage to get my PB EP of 36cm and one legal bream going 27cm to the fork. They were the only legal fish boated all day, there were many other small bream and flatty boated. I also hooked onto my first mullet on lure, losing him in some rather unfortunate means, it was however a good short lived fight. All the fish I caught were on 3lb line and 4lb leader using a small squidgy flickbait.post-11518-127466894168_thumb.jpg

post-11518-127466895685_thumb.jpg

Nice EP :thumbup:

That red marker pole behind you in the first pic has a bit of a hole around it which can hold a bream or EP

Iceman - we pulled a couple of undersized Bream and Bassboy888 lost the mullet from the hole around the red marker. We intend to return to it during a high tide (we fished that location at low tide).

Bassboy888's EP was caught in one of our favourite bream locations and was a surprise, especially on the small flickbait (normally get them on blades and MF40s).

Congrats on the quality EP mate. They are great little scrappers and are highly entertaining on the light outfits. That one fish alone would have justified braving the inclement conditions :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey