Old Question That Didnt Get Answered

cameldownunder

Hi

I tried really hard, on the web, on forums, but I have not found any indication to where ..

.. I can have my 1 Kg Fire Extinguisher get checked, and provided with a tag. (Serviced?) :1badmood:

I am located between Chatswood and Hornsby, so any indication where i could have them tested in that region is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Cameldownunder ,

Im am guessing you have a dry chemical or powder extingusher , should have a white stripe . If you are just after a new yellow tag that is stamped and a new pin cable tie thingy i can get you those . Is your extingusher showing green on the pressure gauge ?. PM me and i will help you out . PS all dry powder extingushers sould be turned upside down and shaken every couple of months as the powder will set like concrete from being pounded up and down in your boat and when its time to use it the powder wont come out...

Cheers Dogtooth...... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

try this site might have some info for u if u need any more help.

http://www.redmen.com.au/aus-fire_protection_sydney.php

good luck

Their Answer:

Dear Sir,

It is far cheaper to just replace them, go to xxxxxxx and buy (2) new ones,

our minimum service charge is $95 + GST, if you wish to proceed please phone

our service manager xxxxx xxxxxx on xxxx xxx xxx.

Well, you've got an answer. It might not be one you like but it makes sense to me... I've never seen small extinguishers checked before. I'd say it's like flares... they have a life expectancy and then need replacing.

Cheers, Slinky

Hey Cameldownunder and slinky.

Yeah the solution is economically sound unfortunately.

Just being my usual questioning enviro(non greenee, non tree hugger or anything else) self.

What happens to all the old f Ext and flares. Where and how do you dispose of them???

If any fishraiders know please post so that all may know.

Cheers

Trapper Tom

Hi Everyone ,

All my expired flares are put into the same container as New ones , But the New flares are in a sealed bag to tell the difference . If my boat is ever sinking i know i will be making myself seen and would rather set off lots of flares so i can be rescued..... The more the better ....

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John..... :beersmile: