Quick Flick After Work

Hey peoples, took off to an area that i hav'nt spent alot of time fishing but im eagar to try to work the place out.

The area being Captain Cook Bridge :biggrin2:

I spend a little time fishing there in the warmer months and have sussed out a few areas around the bridge that fish quite well but now i wont to find out what works in the cooler months.

Got down to the water around 2.30pm and the water looked great, sun was out and a slight NW wind was blowing. Only a quick paddle across from where i launched the yak i started to work an eddy behind a pylon. The action was great to start with, managing 3 good size Trevs in around 10 casts :thumbup:.

Trying to pull Trevs away from bridge pylons in the yak was great fun!!! Lost a few fish due tiny hooks on the vibes just pulling through there soft mouths but had to go a little hard on a few of them so i could get my vibe back to swim another day.

Fishing went quite on that particular pylon so i moved to next and found more trevs holding up in the eddy and managed another 3, while fishing the bridge i was joined by Musty :thumbup: who had been fishing the bay. Told him there were trevs holding up in the eddy and within a few casts we were both into them.(Good to be finally having a flick with you again mate!)

The light was getting low and having no lights on the Yak yet decided to call it quits. Could'nt help my self and tried another pylon on the way back with a smaller blade and had instant success, this thing was pulling hard and fighting dirty with a couple close calls i called it for a small jew but end up being a nice fat bream of 35cm.

Now this is where my afternoon turned to S@#T in an instant, i had got my phone out to take a few pics of the bream but found all three hooks of the treble enbeded in the hard part of the Breams mouth, i placed the phone on the bottom of the yak and stared to remove the hook with some pliers, after getting hook out i left the bream on the bottom of the yak and turned around to put the pliers away forgeting the bream was in the well that my moblie was in :ranting2: Lets just put it this way BLACKBERRYS DONT FLOAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(

Lucky for me contract runs out at end of the month so not that peeeeved... :05:

Even though i lost the phone at the end of the session it was still a great afternoon and cant wait to get out there again for the next adventure!!!!!

Cheers, Mick.

post-10930-127599089728_thumb.jpgpost-10930-127599091539_thumb.jpg

Edited by bloopin

Bummer to hear about the fone!

Dont bother going there on a king tide mate u'll be paddling like the Solo man trying to hold position and u'll need a third arm to hold ur rod with!

Good to see u out on the water once again.

Wait till this water clears upstream im going to record u being towed around by a stinky jewfish in that yak of urs!

Musty

Mick - bad luck about the blackberry, have the bream and jewies texted you yet :biggrin2: . Otherwise a great result for a quick flick, especially with blades on light gear :thumbup:. I hope the fish are still cruisin around the weekend.