Fishing In The Georges River

love2fish02

Hiya all. I have been fishing last w/end and this week at East Hills in the Georges River using prawns & worms 4 b8e. I cant believe not 1 nibble not 1 bite nothing. Is it 2 cold 4 the fish now Winter is here or has the rain washed them all away?? Any suggestions??

Thanx:-)

Swordfisherman will be able to give you the run-down on the Georges... he knows all the fish in there personally. :biggrin2:

In any system, the fish change behaviour as conditions change... but they don't just completely stop feeding for 3 or 4 months while it's cold. While feeding patterns change and different fish become more active in cold water, it's more likely to be just a day by day thing.

As a hint... find the bait. If you can find a location in the river where you can see bait fish, prawns and so-on... the fish won't be far away. Hopefully Swordy and other raiders might be able to shed some light on where that is right now.

Cheers, Slinky

Are you landbased or in a boat?

I fish that area quite a bit and it can be tough in winter

What gear are you using?

It is best if you use mainline no heavier than 4kg and leader no heavier than 3kg as small a sinker as you can get away with and a long leader at minimum 1 meter in length

Live bloodworms or peeled fresh as possable prawns A little burley also helps I would use a handfull of chook pellets tossed in every 5 or so minutes around the area you are fishing

What gear are you using?

It is best if you use mainline no heavier than 4kg and leader no heavier than 3kg as small a sinker as you can get away with and a long leader at minimum 1 meter in length

Live bloodworms or peeled fresh as possable prawns A little burley also helps I would use a handfull of chook pellets tossed in every 5 or so minutes around the area you are fishing

Is it possible to get worms from Kelso beach Iceman? or do u buy them?

I usually go to fish around East Hills with prawns from Ace's as well. . .if i get anything worth reporting, i'll let everyone know.

Is it possible to get worms from Kelso beach Iceman? or do u buy them?

I usually go to fish around East Hills with prawns from Ace's as well. . .if i get anything worth reporting, i'll let everyone know.

Too much hard work digging worms so on the odd time I fish with bait I buy them

Hiya. Me is a land based fishergirl:-) Me uses a small weight & small hook on a small fishing rod. Me uses peeled prawns or worms. Hmmm guess me will just have 2 w8e til the water clears up or sumthn.

What gear are you using?

But how small is small.

Try to find out. My mate said he had a light outfit for fishing around Port Mac for Flatties and Bream. Got there and he pulls out a 5-8kg Stick and a 6000 size reel with 20lb Mono.

Edited by cut_loose

me uses a et telescopic rod me got it at w big for $50, its the small one and i put sum fire line on with small sinker small hook. Me wuld have been happy wif a bloody toad fish nudging @ my b8e or a twig floating by, but bloody nufn. Just suppose me will have 2 w8e til the river clears up or sumfn like that.

But how small is small.

Try to find out. My mate said he had a light outfit for fishing around Port Mac for Flatties and Bream. Got there and he pulls out a 5-8kg Stick and a 6000 size reel with 20lb Mono.

I fish there quite often and live bloodworms and fresh prawns seem to always do the trick. Try fishing the run in tide, I notice the fish are generally of the bite when the tide goes low. Ive caught a 1.5kg whiting there before so its a pretty decent spot. Good luck,