Botany Bay 16 June

fish53

Hi Raiders.

Out today for a few hours of relaxation. Beautiful on the water although a little cool to start with.

Headed over near Kurnell again armed with some nippers and a few pilchards. Started off slow and missed a couple then caught this fine specimen. It went a lot harder than the other weeks 41cm. :thumbup: I thought at first it was a ray by the stubborn drag and only occasional movement felt in the line, then up he came.

post-12646-127667329393_thumb.jpg

post-12646-127667331966_thumb.jpg

Followed with a few smaller specimens returned to fight another day and a banjo so moved across to off the groynes and caught these.

post-12646-12766733321_thumb.jpg

post-12646-127667334231_thumb.jpg

No birds working and water was just over 16c. Tried Woolooware Bay for flathead on the way back in for 2 throw backs.

Total of 7 keepers, with about 10 only just legal fish returned for me to catch when they grow up. :1prop:

See you on the water next week. :1fishing1:

Pete

Hi Keflapod,

The Nippers were a bit better this week. I was about 300m off the groynes so there was a bit of current. In about 2.8 mtrs of water on an incoming tide but it was closer to high so water movement was slower than preferred. I did use burley but moved around a bit and found that 1-2 fish were on, then stopped. If I get nothing for 20 mins I will move a little way.

Peter