Okuma Baitcaster Reel Help

Kosta1

Hi guys, i recently got given a Okuma baitcaster reel, its just a normal spinning reel but it has two extra features at the bottom of the reel. I think it has to do something with the drag. It has a lever that can be flicked up and a turn dial knob. I am just wondering how and when do you use these features.

Cheers guys :1fishing1:

Hi guys, i recently got given a Okuma baitcaster reel, its just a normal spinning reel but it has two extra features at the bottom of the reel. I think it has to do something with the drag. It has a lever that can be flicked up and a turn dial knob. I am just wondering how and when do you use these features.

Cheers guys :1fishing1:

How: On the bottom of the reel, the switch is to activate the secondary drag which is controlled by the turn dial knob. So, put some line on it, and pull the line. Then try flicking the switch to notice the difference, then try adjusting the turn knob to feel out that drag.

When: If you are using live bait, set it to the secondary drag and let the fish take the line out fairly easy. Then when you hear zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, wait and flick the switch or turn the handle to engage main drag. Thus beginning that battle.

If I missed something or are incorrect please correct. Hope this helps.

Yeh mate baitrunner/ baitfeeder i think. If you have the bottom drag set loose, and the switch set to the bottom drag, then the fish won't feel resistance when it takes the bait, but then engage the tight main drag and strike. I want one...

Cheers

Flatboy