My Boys First Kingy

bunney10

I get a call from my mate Jeff on Saturday asking if we wanted to take the kids out to the perch grounds off Terrigal, i was desperate to try the new reel ( Daiwa Seagate 4500)

So in double quick time we on the ramp and ready for some jigging( i'd stocked up on more jigs seeing as i lost a dozen to the

pesky jackets the previous week)

The water was flat as and in no time we were on the fish, luckily only lost 2 jigs to the jackets when suddenly im on so over the rod goes to my 8 yr old who played it like a pro

Wish i had've videod the grin he had on his face, would've put a cheshire cat to shame, the pic says it all

Had an awesome day, not loads of kings but just happy to have another "jigger" in the making

post-7455-127711023984_thumb.jpg

post-7455-12771102607_thumb.jpg

Edited by bunney10

well done,

some nice kingys there and good one for his first, i had to catch like 20 rats before i got a decent one and how did the new diawa go, i've seen a lot of people using them lately.

cheers,

Pawn Star

Edited by Prawn Star

well done,

some nice kingys there and good one for his first, i had to catch like 20 rats before i got a decent one and how did the new diawa go, i've seen a lot of people using them lately.

cheers,

Pawn Star

Hi Prawn star,

the new Diawa was awesome, super smooth and effortless drag, it was a toss up between the Saltist but decided on the Seagate, great reel and stacks of power, just want to test it on the bigger hoods, looking forward to matching it up to my new V Fox 573 which looks a very nice rod/reel combo

Edited by bunney10

congrats to your young bloke. He will probably drive you crazy wanting to go every weekend now!

I wonder who is prouder dad or son?

pete.

Ha ha Pete He already does thats why we took him, but its a nice feeling to have a son whos into his fishing as much as his dad, my boy would fish all day in a puddle if i let him, i feel proud everytime i see his big smile when he lands a fish

Yeehaa what a fish for the young fella, that would have just about sealed his fate as a fisho, he's hooked for life now Dad..

Congrats on your kings.. :thumbup:

Cheers Ray, he did me proud pulling that thing up from 100mtrs and not one complaint, just pure determination to land his first Kingy :1fishing1: