Floating Line For Blackfish

slam354

I hope someone can advise me of a suitable floating line for blackfish as I am getting sick of applying vaseline.I was thinking of Siglon F I think it is a yellow or pink colour.What about Global tackle do they sell anything along these lines.I live in Ashfield so I would need to know locations for the stockists of the lines.I am after about5-6kg with a low diameter.Also does the colour of the floating line make any difference to the visibilty in the water.I would assume that these coloured lines would be invisible to the fish.Do these lines float forever or will they sink with time as I have heard this from anglers,hence why I want to buy the right product.Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers Steve.

spot on, global tackle stock the 'Dango Wax Nylon' which is a floating line orange in colour with low memory, high knot strength and high abrasion resistance that makes it ideal for luderick. i bought mine a couple of month ago and i'm very happy with it so far. the 10lb dia is 0.268mm, 12lb is 0.288mm, 18lb is 0.341mm. hope that helps

cheers

bertrand

spot on, global tackle stock the 'Dango Wax Nylon' which is a floating line orange in colour with low memory, high knot strength and high abrasion resistance that makes it ideal for luderick. i bought mine a couple of month ago and i'm very happy with it so far. the 10lb dia is 0.268mm, 12lb is 0.288mm, 18lb is 0.341mm. hope that helps

cheers

bertrand

Hey steve siglon fine float is the bright yellow stuff I was using the other week, floats for 1hr or so then completely useless, am stripping it off tomorrow. Rick has some nice line from global called v systems and it floated the whole Monday no issues. Only feedback he had was its knot strength wasn't the best. I will be buying some tomorrow in a heavier lb to compensate the knot strength. (14lb most probably).

Thankyou for the replys.Hey Stewy do you think that v systems line is okay with regards to knot strength and abrasion resistance as Rick the other day had issues with knot strength maybe he was unlucky.Finally would this line be alright to use off the rocks as someone mentioned a sinking mono is better to avoid wind and bellying of the line.Have never used floating mono before so am curious.

STEVE

• 2 weeks later...

The last season I fished sydeny i was using dango wax awesomestuff used 12 or 14lb for the rocks its Tortue or Maxima make a grease using Vaseline Beeswax and a silicon based floor polish melt and mix outdoors in an old saucepan and poor into metal tins allow to set it mkes an awesome line floatant and lasta for ages on the rocks where you do not have issues with oil etc in the water like you can get in the harbour and regardless your line will sink.

The last season I fished sydeny i was using dango wax awesomestuff used 12 or 14lb for the rocks its Tortue or Maxima make a grease using Vaseline Beeswax and a silicon based floor polish melt and mix outdoors in an old saucepan and poor into metal tins allow to set it mkes an awesome line floatant and lasta for ages on the rocks where you do not have issues with oil etc in the water like you can get in the harbour and regardless your line will sink.

Any specific mix ratio used for making the wax?

Any specific mix ratio used for making the wax?

Can't remember the specifics but it was 70 percent vasoleine and the rest equal parts to make up the hundrd percent what you want is a consistency a little thicker than tyhe vaso! Experiment is the best way.