Gold Coast Operators

snapR

Hi Guys,

Mrs is in europe - lucky one! So i'm thinking of getting a cheap jetstar flight up the gold coast and doing an offshore charter.

Anyone happen to have any recommendations? Prob wanting to get some cobs if they're reound & snapper etc Please PM Me to keep within site regulations.

Thanks in advance.

Dom

G'day Dom... do you want the good news or the bad news??

I'm a local up here and have fished the area for years. I have yet to hear about or find a quality offshore charter. All the experiences, observation and reports are that the offshore boys cater for one-time holiday visitors... That means they don't care whether or not you have a good enough time to want to come back.

I might be wrong... there might be someone good... I just haven't found out about them.

That's the bad news. The good news is that there's at least one fantastic light estuary sportfishing charter operator who is excellent. If you're interested in this type of operation (lure, fly, live bait in the Broadwater and surrounds) then let me know and I'll pm you some details.

Depending on your timing and my freedom of movement, I might be able to take you out for some inshore stuff myself

Cheers, Slinky

Slinky,

I was getting that vibe just from a quick net search!! Ah dear,

Actually if you could send us the details of the estaury operator that would be swell..

If you're around i'm planning to fish on 10 July, hopefully as long as physically possible...!

Cheers mate