Friday Night Footy And A Little Fishing Too :)

Hey guys

Headed out to Botany Friday arvo for a quick session befor we headed off the the Saints v tigers game, GO THE SAINTS!!!

Anyways after the last few weeks of being really slow i wasnt expecting much at all but was pleasantly surprised and found a few fish, Took a work mate who's idea of fishing is sitting down soaking a bait with one hand and a joint in the other! lol well non of that stuff on my boat i hate the smell so i made him work for the fish all arvo :biggrin2:

Found a few Trevs with brock landing his first fish on plastics and putting up a good fight

15ri1pe.jpg

Tryed a new drift and had a classic flattie hit a big "THUD" Then for a split second i thought its a snag but after a second or so i felt the head shakes and i knew i was on to a good fish! still using the 4lb leader i got the big girl up to the boat and started to try guide her into the net and she did a right turn just befor the net and with a couple of head shakes i watched as the fish slowly disappeared back down into the water :ranting2:

I dare say it was around the 75-80cm mark and definitely beat my pb of 70cm but oh well thats the way it goes i guess

We ended up keeping 2 trevs around 33-34cm and one flattie close to 50cm for brocks family and threw alot more just legal trevs and 1 bream back

25ptqag.jpg

Good fun for around 3hrs and sorry about the shitty pics we were in a rush to make it to the game

Cheers

Pete

Oh plastics used were all either 3 inch minnows for me and 2icn berkley worms for brock

Edited by Breambucket