Blackfish On Fly

bunney10

Went for a fish today with the guys from Central coast fly rodders club up to Wybung head to target Drummer, managed to catch my first blackfish on a bread fly

Other members did exceptionally well on a weed fly( Ivan nailed about 6 ) but got dusted on 4 of them

A great day out , pity the swell was up, will deffo be back soon :1fishing1:

post-7455-127762380653_thumb.jpg

post-7455-127762385948_thumb.jpg

post-7455-127762387852_thumb.jpg

Edited by bunney10

Hey Man,

Well done, they go hard on fly don't they!. I have only managed a few on weed flies, but no Pigs yet- I'm scared to!.

Great pics, and keep the fly stuff coming

Matt

Cheers Nanook, yeah they pull pretty hard on the fly gear, just cant give them any slack or they're off to fight another day, great fun though :thumbup:

Well done Bunney!! :thumbup:

I've only hooked one on fly once... while trying to catch Luderick on a 7wt... it was a big one and cost me a fly line when it went straight back to the reef and shredded about 10' of a Cortland 444. :1badmood:

Cheers, Slinky

Hi Slinky, i broke 2 of my favorite 7 wts last year on salmon and tailor so i beefed up and took no chances today as i was using a 10 wt, this time last year Paul McGrath landed a monster at nearly 4kg's, I didnt facy my chances on a 7wt this time, but great fun trying to pull them out of the rocks, there was plenty showing today, just nice to catch a new species on fly. Bad news on the 444, a very expensive bust off mate, the thought brings tears to my eyes and of course the wallet,

Tight lines mate

Edited by bunney10