At Last A Kingie

MartinthePom

So now I see what all the fuss is about as after two months in this wonderful country a couple of those beautiful, beautiful kingfish , which I've seen but been unable catch ,finally decided to pay me a visit. Thanks to my new fishing buddy Greg I was able to get out beyond the heads on a lovely calm afternoon this week. Instead of the hoped for Snapper a modest but very angry kingie took a liking to my jerk shad and boy don't they pull some on lightish tackle !?

Can't wait to do it again and again and.......... :thumbup:

Greg...I owe you one mate. I'll get you that big Grayling you crave next time you visit the Nortern Hemisphere. Until then :beersmile:

Good on ya martin the pom.

Everyone remembers their first Kingy and how hard they pull!

How big was the one you caught? Wait until you get a big one... :1yikes:

Good luck with the Kingy addiction.

Cheers Jim (a fellow pom)

Good on ya martin the pom.

Everyone remembers their first Kingy and how hard they pull!

How big was the one you caught? Wait until you get a big one... :1yikes:

Good luck with the Kingy addiction.

Cheers Jim (a fellow pom)

Jim ...It was barbel sized which in Ozspeak is about 3 kegs max. And yes I now want a bigger one!

Strange isn't it. If you caught the fish in the Uk you would refer to the size of the fish by its weight whereas here they do it in length.

Silly really because i have caught shorter Sydney Kings than my PB length but the shorter ones would have been far heavier than the length pb if i had weighed them...

Anyway so how LONG was the one you caught?

Strange isn't it. If you caught the fish in the Uk you would refer to the size of the fish by its weight whereas here they do it in length.

Silly really because i have caught shorter Sydney Kings than my PB length but the shorter ones would have been far heavier than the length pb if i had weighed them...

Anyway so how LONG was the one you caught?

Dunno cos I put it back without weighing or measuring but there were two of them and both seemed around 55cms but i was too excited to notice or care ! I'll try and post some pics shortly but having technical hassle at the moment.

Not sure if I prefer rating fish by weight or length, we get pretty obsessed about pounds and ounces in the Old Dart and hanging big fish in weigh slings aint that good for them.

Btw are there State or Commonwealth records for the individual species as I never seen them mentioned ?

Good on you, Martin. Congrats on your first Kingfish but don't give up on those Snapper either. Greg is THE man for Snapper around Sydney so it won't be long before we see pics of you with a lumpy headed red. Glad you're discovering some of the great fishing we're blessed with.

Cheers, Slinky

It was a beautiful Sydney arvo that one, pitty the big snappers didn't play the game. This wind against current is a pisser at the moment and it just stops the boat and we don't get to cover the grounds.

It was great to have you aboard for a brief afternoon session and to help pop another cherry :P

Fingers crossed for the weather and Richards little secret spot to come next week!

Chat soon

Greg

PS. You have to down size picture before posting.