Anyone Help With This?

Bruce the Postie

G'day All,

Hoping someone can help me with a bit of info about my latest Junkpile Special.

As a postie,i have the pleasure of every Friday being junkpile day around my run,and as such occaisionaly i have a bit of a sticky in some of the more promising or unusual collections.

Last Friday was such a day,and low and behold something caught my eye as i was passing a very eclectic collection of old goods.Taking time from my hectic schedule,i had a quick fossic and came up with this.

post-5510-127822352898_thumb.jpg

post-5510-127822356399_thumb.jpg

post-5510-127822358622_thumb.jpg

post-5510-12782236088_thumb.jpg

post-5510-127822363052_thumb.jpg

post-5510-127822365287_thumb.jpg

Now i know it is an old Steelite sidecast reel,but thats all i know about it.Any info that you guys could provde me with would be great.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Just saw one advertised on that auction site.

If anyone was interested, it seems it may be a 1932 model B.Oldest junkpile special too date,it has cleaned up a beauty and spins like a champion,i'm half tempted to take it down to the lake tomorrow and crack a few darkies with it,should be fun.

Cheers,

If anyone was interested, it seems it may be a 1932 model B.Oldest junkpile special too date,it has cleaned up a beauty and spins like a champion,i'm half tempted to take it down to the lake tomorrow and crack a few darkies with it,should be fun.

Cheers,

Antique Roadshow brother!

You cant go wrong

Musty

Cheers,

Hi Bananaphobic, That date printed on back of reel is the year it was designed in not how old it is.It was made in the late 50s. :ranting2: Cheers Ray

G'day Ray,

No date or any numbers stamped on it anywhere,i'm only going on what was stated by the seller on that auction site.

Mate ,if you have any info on these reels,i would dig to know a bit more about 'em as i have had a look most places that i thought might provide some insight into their history.

Cheers,