Botany Bay With Scotty - Prelude

ganymede

Hi. Thought I'd post about our morning out with Scotty Lyons on Saturday, and saw Benums had already posted about his trip with Scotty today! Ah well... better late than never.

It was first time out on Botany with Scotty for me and my son. We've done it in kayaks before, but with little (read NO) luck, not knowing where to go.

As with Benums's morning, we hit Trevally Alley first, and hooked into a decent number of keeper trevally, with Gabe deciding to be different and hooking a very decent little bream. Unfortunately, the trolling wasn't nearly as successful. We'd have killed for a tailor or three, but had no luck at all.

Moving onto one of the beaches there was one decent flattie caught, one small keeper, and enough undersized flatties to sink a small ice-cream bucket.

It was BLOODY cold out there, with a bit of a breeze reminding us why sensible people stay in bed on Saturday mornings. But those trevally tasted very nice baked with a bit of chili, parsley and lemon juice.

Thanks Scotty!

we saw you guys out there on Sat morning, wasn't it rough later on in the morning?

Congrats on your catch, we landed on pinkie and 2 small flatties, all were undersize in released to grow bigger.

My brother-in-law and sister went out with Scott back in April, they got a few bream, trevs and bonitos.

I'm sure they went out to trevally alley, what part is nicknamed trevally alley?

Regards,

Long

we saw you guys out there on Sat morning, wasn't it rough later on in the morning?

I'm sure they went out to trevally alley, what part is nicknamed trevally alley?

Regards,

Long

Hi Longy. Yes, it definitely got a bit rough; I was glad we weren't out in the kayaks!

Trevally alley is the stretch of water beside Prince of Wales Drive running south-west from Yarra Bay beach to the end of the container wall. It certainly deserves the name! (I'd heard the name but had no idea where it was, until Saturday).

Cheers, Ganja

Hi Longy. Yes, it definitely got a bit rough; I was glad we weren't out in the kayaks!

Trevally alley is the stretch of water beside Prince of Wales Drive running south-west from Yarra Bay beach to the end of the container wall. It certainly deserves the name! (I'd heard the name but had no idea where it was, until Saturday).

Cheers, Ganja

Thanks for that Ganja.

My brother-in-law thought it was the stretch of water near the drums number 5 lined up with the cross on land at Kurnell.

So that's what we must have seen you guys netted then (trevallies).

Regards,

Long