Fuel Spill

REBSS

I decided to fill my fuel tank right up, which i havent done before. The next thing i knew there was fuel spilling out the bung holes. My first thought was that i had filled up the rod holders , but on further investigation i realised the fuel had come out of the breather hose which runs to the back of the boat. Is this where the breather hose normally goes ? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I decided to fill my fuel tank right up, which i havent done before. The next thing i knew there was fuel spilling out the bung holes. My first thought was that i had filled up the rod holders , but on further investigation i realised the fuel had come out of the breather hose which runs to the back of the boat. Is this where the breather hose normally goes ? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Depends what boat you've got mate, a freind of mine has a trailcraft which has the fuel breather out the back of the boat under the handrail, so I'd say yes it probably is meant to come out there.

Tobe

Depends what boat you've got mate, a freind of mine has a trailcraft which has the fuel breather out the back of the boat under the handrail, so I'd say yes it probably is meant to come out there.

Tobe

G-day Rebbs, i have a 80ltr under floor tank & when i fill mine up i lift the floor up then the open the cap on the tank while motoring around the fuel comes out of the breather from the cap, shit loads of kept comin out into the well where the tank sits in. spoke to heuwitts marine when they done my service & they installed a breather at the rear of the boat with no more problems

cheers john