In Your Opinion Whats The Best Ever

luderick -angler

Be it modern retro or vintage, in your view whats the best production ie factory made rod and reel for luderick?

I'll kick off with the Sportex 662 and Trudex centrepin, still going handed down to me by Dad over 40 years old! Made to last!

just want to hear what peole are using?

Those new graphite sidecast alveys are streets ahead of the old gear and never rust or break.

There are so many different blackfish rods and I have had plenty and still seem to find a new one that I love to use better than the one before.

I think it all comes down to what feels comfortable for the angler involved.

to true swordy I have use split cane, graphite, glass, composite rods rods that cost $1000 to $50, used every imaginable centrepin but those older reels with the precision and quality are magic thought a modern youngs purist reel is hard to beat, but for me the slow slow action of a sportex just kills the biggest of fish!

i like my 10ft ugly stick rod and i use a 2500 stradic.

Very light set up and has adjustable reel seats (slides) on the rod which make it nice to change up to suit your needs

And my old mans one is an angler advantage 12ft rod which would also handle some nice pigs if we ever get into some :)

Im only new to it but for the price they feel great for me