smuz

hey im new here in sydney and i was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up and point me in the right direction. im from adelaide where i spent 99.9% of my fishing time chasing mulloway on lures, so im familiar with the fish but not where to start my nsw assualt. at the moment im fishing shore based until i get a new kayak and any info on areas to start would be greatly appreciated, you dont have to give specifics, i'll take care of the those.

great site guys, see ya out there. smuz.

G'day Smuz,

Welcome to Fishraider :1welcomeani: :1welcomeani:

I moved your topic in here because you'll probably get more replies. Sydney covers a big area... whereabouts are you? And is there a particular style of fishing you like... beach, rock, spinning, etc?

Pop a post in our 'adopt a learner' forum... even if you've got lots of experience, you'll hopefully be able to hook up with some Raiders who know their way around some good spots and are willing to show you the ropes.

Cheers, Slinky

thanks slinky for the reply, i've moved to the northern suburbs so i guess the northern harbour will be my start, sorry, dont know it's name yet but it's the spit entrance harbour.

I love all kinds of angling but at the moment i'm dedicated to catching big mulloway on my baitcast outfit(103 luna against a tdadvantage) with lures, i know i should be using a thready but a baitcast is just so much fun when you hook up(im not far off matching my casting distance). So really all i'm asking for is where are land based spots available to a new dedicated sports fisho? driving around, alot seems like private land, should i google earth some areas?