Wanda Beach Fishing Trip With Photos

Pongrass18ft

Hi Fishraiders

Took my son out for his first fish today. Went down to Wanda Beach to check out the conditions. Talking to a guy there he said to me "you're wasting you're time as it's too windy". I thought, we're here so may as well give it a try. Armed with pilchards we set off down to the beach for my son's first lesson. Fished from 2:00pm to 4:00pm and we did ok considering the conditions. Ended up catching one Trevalley and one Salmon. Just to see the look on my son's face as I was pulling up the fish was enough for me and the best thing of all is that he gets to eat his own catch as he loves fresh fish. Mission accomplished :thumbup:

Sorry about the quality of the photo. Just started posting on fishraider so photo's will improve.

Pongrass18ft

post-13990-127928302493_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Keran on your first fishing trip, more to come.

Thanks George, I'm learning from the best (MY DAD). I've now done bream fishing, snapper and trevaley fishing and can't wait to get out on the boat but I'm still a bit too young

Kieran

Guest Scotty Lyons

Mate great to see the little guy into it, I remember taking my two at the same age, good stuff.

Regards Scotty Lyons

Mate great to see the little guy into it, I remember taking my two at the same age, good stuff.

Regards Scotty Lyons

Hi Scotty,

He's showing all the signs of becoming a good fisherman. He's always pulling me into the garage to play with the rods and reels and wanting me to put him in the boat.

See you on the water.

Regards

Chris

Hi Fishraiders

Took my son out for his first fish today. Went down to Wanda Beach to check out the conditions. Talking to a guy there he said to me "you're wasting you're time as it's too windy". I thought, we're here so may as well give it a try. Armed with pilchards we set off down to the beach for my son's first lesson. Fished from 2:00pm to 4:00pm and we did ok considering the conditions. Ended up catching one Trevalley and one Salmon. Just to see the look on my son's face as I was pulling up the fish was enough for me and the best thing of all is that he gets to eat his own catch as he loves fresh fish. Mission accomplished :thumbup:

Sorry about the quality of the photo. Just started posting on fishraider so photo's will improve.

Pongrass1 priceless memories for the you and the little bloke i have been there done that with my kids it pays off in the long run champion dad , the bull