What Fish Is That - Reading Your Sounder

wttmrwolf

Hi Fisho's,

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what fish these might be? They are both sounder readings from the Hacking. In both pics I'm interested in the fish hanging near the bottom. The depth is 13 meters so maybe that gives you a sense of the scale.

Sounder log is high tide middle of the night.

Thanks

PS if others have sounder logs post them here. Keen to get a chat started to help people understand their sounder output.

post-3761-127961255453_thumb.png

post-3761-127961256812_thumb.png

Hi Fisho's,

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what fish these might be? They are both sounder readings from the Hacking. In both pics I'm interested in the fish hanging near the bottom. The depth is 13 meters so maybe that gives you a sense of the scale.

Sounder log is high tide middle of the night.

Thanks

PS if others have sounder logs post them here. Keen to get a chat started to help people understand their sounder output.

Hey there wttmrwolf

I think this is a fantastic thread to start!

Sorry i cant help with your reading as I am just learning also..

I can however add my reading's - a school of bait fish with a few tailor and salmon on the edges, was able to pull a few nice fish from this read:

post-10545-127971572793_thumb.jpg

Here is a read of a small school of salmon:

post-10545-127971588168_thumb.jpg

Regards

DHYPE

here's some kingfish readings. they are not great as they are 90 metres down but if you ever see readings like this in deep water drop a jig or livie down as they could well be kings. i pulled a 93cm one out of this reading

post-14559-128013255577_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prawn Star