Over Kill For A Knot?

Little Hooker

So bored and going insane cause i cant go fishing to try out my new jig weapon due to work and the weather, i decieded to keep my mind busy by practising on my PR bobin i jus brought home from japan. I think ive mastered the concept of the PR knot so to mix things up i chucked in a bimini twist with a PR knot. What do you think of it? Overkill?? Not as slim as the single line PR knot but it sure looks mighty beefy.

post-6068-127962886598_thumb.jpg

post-6068-127962887722_thumb.jpg

over kill

when tied correctly the PR will never break

ive done some testing with mine and ive pushed over 30kgs into the knot and its never failed

your maineline is going to snap well before the PR does

if your bored and you want to learn a new jigging knot do a search for the AG chain knot

its a knot the jigging master guys use to connect the jig to the leader

this along with your pr knot you have a pretty much 100% connection

Edited by Framedtrash

Yeah mate the PR knot is the best knot going on heavier string for 2 reasons - 1. It doesn't break if tied correctly and 2. it has a really slim profile. No need to bulk it up.

I admire the experimentation but as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Cheers

Damo

Edited by damobows

True! Tho mate told me when joining braid to mono it tends to snaps the braid jus above where you join the mono. So i was jus thinking i would give it more of a buffer where it does tends to break??

I will take a look at this AG chain knot. :)

True! Tho mate told me when joining braid to mono it tends to snaps the braid jus above where you join the mono. So i was jus thinking i would give it more of a buffer where it does tends to break??

I will take a look at this AG chain knot. :)

sounds like he was pulling the half hitches too tight and damaging the line from friction

tie it correctly and you wont have any issues

along with the chain knot you wont have any problems

well unless you get snagged on the bottom then you have yourself a new anchor :)

Edited by Framedtrash