Where To Take The Kids?

jayoox

Good morning all.

I am so glad I have found this forum. Can't believe it has take me this long.

I want to take my daughter for a fish and am looking for some advice as to where a good landbased spot would be. I live in Caringbah so somewhere either in Port Hacking or Georges River / Botany Bay would be best.

We want to keep it simple so a handline or a junior rod (she has a pink one). Main idea would be to catch SOMETHING. They will all go back so size will not matter. Action is better - I want her to love the experience.

Are there any Fish / family friendly jetties etc around? Any other fishing teaching tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Good morning all.

I am so glad I have found this forum. Can't believe it has take me this long.

I want to take my daughter for a fish and am looking for some advice as to where a good landbased spot would be. I live in Caringbah so somewhere either in Port Hacking or Georges River / Botany Bay would be best.

We want to keep it simple so a handline or a junior rod (she has a pink one). Main idea would be to catch SOMETHING. They will all go back so size will not matter. Action is better - I want her to love the experience.

Are there any Fish / family friendly jetties etc around? Any other fishing teaching tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Try yowie bay on one of the jettys around there

Plenty of small fish, maybe use a little burly to bring some fish in and use small long shank hooks to help with hookups and removal

Peeled prawns for bait and only use small pieces and you should have some luck

Pete