Pflueger Supreme Mg Reels

the one that got away

Pflueger Supreme MG reels, are they any good?

Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these reel??

Just general feedback on the reels would be greatly appreciated.

Features : 9 stainless steel bearings plus a one-way clutch instant anti-reverse bearing, ported and anodized aluminium spool, sealed drag system with stainless steel and oil felt washers, Titanium coated line roller, sure click heavy duty bail wire and a a spare spool

Cheers, Zac

post-10632-12806410039_thumb.jpg

i got 2 but do not like them where ok but feel sloppy and cheap i also had a problem with the anti- reverse. You should check out a quantum energy 20, i just ordered my second energy for$153 Au delivered from US on online shop this is a much better reel.

i have one i havnt had any drama's with mine have only used it a few times have caught couple jews, kings, and dolphin fish around 80cm on it has nice smooth drag system and holds enough 20lb braid to catch most fish!

Be very careful with reels made from Magnesium. Salt water and Magnesium are not friends... it's very corrosion prone. That said, I just bought a Supreme XT which is basically an upgraded version of the MG. As long as you clean it and look after it the magnesium won't be a problem.

After having fished with my new XT, it's a beautiful reel... but not quite in the same class as an equivalent priced Daiwa or Shimano... and not as good as my new favourite, my Abu Soron. I got my XT at a ridiculous bargain though and I'm over the moon.

By the way, using 'oiled felt drag washers' and 'one-way clutch instant anti-reverse' as selling features on a reel is a bit like saying 'with wheels and doors' on a car. They're standard on just about every reel over $50 these days. The first thing I do to every reel I buy with oiled felt drags is upgrade them to carbon drag washers (standard in the Supreme XT or Abu Soron). Doesn't mean they're not good... just beware of marketing hype.

Cheers, Slinky