Me And My Dog

Hey guys!

Decided to fish the basin this weekend and after another mate pulling out i decided to take my best mate sam my dog :)

This was a first time for him on the boat but he loves jumping in the back of the ute for drives even when i go to melbourne every now and then so i was pretty confident he would of been alright.

First off i tried the "mud patch" which is in most places 10m deep, after the rain and cold water temps and the reports of some nice reds being caught there i thought it would be a winner. I spent over a whole hour there for very little action and no landed fish.

We mad a move to "one tree bay" and on the way sam spotted another boat that he thought might of tried to hurt me or something :074:

11uaiza.jpg

After the threat was gone we finally found some fish landing this nice and fat trev first

345h0zt.jpg

Then a nice bream around 35cm

sxkdjn.jpg

As things started to get a little quiet again i got another good hit and nice fight and to my surprise it was a decent EP by the boat! After fumbling around to get the net un tangled with one of my rods the hooks pulled and what would of been my first and pb EP :ranting2:

Oh well we had been out for 4hrs and i didnt trust sams bladder so we packed up and went back to the ramp

e6oynk.jpg

All fish were released and im glad me and Sam had a day out on the water

Breambucket - great post and that is a nice trevor....although bad luck losing the EP :ranting2: . I assume you were flicking SPs at them?

Sam looked like he enjoyed himself. My border collie Rove loves fishing and loves the boat. I have even taken him Barra and Bass fishing and he loves to watch the lures being cast and retrieved......although he is not interested in them once they are out of the water. He also completely ignores the fish when they are in the boat, although the big Barra scared him as their girth were almost as big as his :biggrin2: . You would also be surprised how good the dogs bladder is - at one stage Rove was in the boat for almost seven hours without any problems, although once on shore he took a very long pee.

Breambucket - great post and that is a nice trevor....although bad luck losing the EP :ranting2: . I assume you were flicking SPs at them?

Sam looked like he enjoyed himself. My border collie Rove loves fishing and loves the boat. I have even taken him Barra and Bass fishing and he loves to watch the lures being cast and retrieved......although he is not interested in them once they are out of the water. He also completely ignores the fish when they are in the boat, although the big Barra scared him as their girth were almost as big as his :biggrin2: . You would also be surprised how good the dogs bladder is - at one stage Rove was in the boat for almost seven hours without any problems, although once on shore he took a very long pee.

Yeah he had a great time half the time he would sneak over to my side and try to "high 5" me :)

Im thinking of taking him to lake Monduran in febuary so it was sort of a test for then as well, Boarder Collies are great but im having trouble picturing one staying in the boat for that long! They are nut jobs.

And yeah all on sp's. No matter what colour or brand or technique i use its just not happening for me with them atm

Nice report Breambucket!

Seems that you had a fun day on the water with the man's best friend and you captured some great pics too.

regards

Luke

Its hard to take nice photos of him he always moves his head or comes up and sniffs the phone lol

Sounds like a top trip mate.

Love the pic of the Dog looking at the Bream. :) And all the other ones too. Gotta love dogs. :)

Cheers

Just after that pic the bream jumped and scared the crap out of him wish i had it on video :)

Pete

Edited by Breambucket

Bad luck on the EP Pete They are very rare in the basin

Pity you didnt get any reddies as I guess you have heard of some good ones being caught there lately

I did get a reasonable red on one of your blades in the Sussex classic

Bad luck on the EP Pete They are very rare in the basin

Pity you didnt get any reddies as I guess you have heard of some good ones being caught there lately

I did get a reasonable red on one of your blades in the Sussex classic

Yeah i had high hopes for some nice reds but no luck what so ever And normally you cant get away from the smaller ones :1badmood: , how big was the reddie? did you land any bream on them as well? Polished or painted? :)

Neil said he has got a couple of ep's and bass in there befor and i defiantly didnt think i would get one thats for sure

hi mate nice dog, is he straight mastiff or cross ? this my boy bruce my mastiff x dane. took him out on the boat once and never will i do that again i was forever chasing him in the water he loves swimming lol.

p.s sounds like you had a good day on the water shame about the ep.

post-9895-128066662204_thumb.jpg

hi mate nice dog, is he straight mastiff or cross ? this my boy bruce my mastiff x dane. took him out on the boat once and never will i do that again i was forever chasing him in the water he loves swimming lol.

p.s sounds like you had a good day on the water shame about the ep.

He's a mastiff x dane x wolfhound but defently got most of the mastiff in him :)

He's a big softie

Very nice report Pete and very nice pics.

Any estimate on the size of the EP?

Cheers

David

Hey Dave

I didnt get it to the surface as i was still trying to get the net but at a guess 30-35cm, it felt like the first trev i caught so i was shocked when i got a good look at it

When we goin out for a flick?

Pete