Another Hardbod And Popper Treble Question...

brendong

I have question....you see a lot of the larger poppers, hard bods, divers and jigs for that matter using single hooks as opposed to trebles when targeting GT's, kings, tuna etc and from memory they often seem to suggest better hookup rates....has anyone every tried this for small hard bods like sx40's and surface pencils and poppers....and how do you think it would effect the swim action of the lure?

If so, do Owner make small single hooks or just trebles?

in NZ i repaced the rear treble of my predatek min min and halco scorpian 35, and made them suspend, it was the main hook that stuck into the trout and was a really good hook up. i didnt find they made that much difference to the action, but with the super tuned sx40's you may want to be careful. I have also done it with a daiwa sc shiner but im yet to test it. i used gamakatsu SL (they are made to go straight on with one split ring)

hope this helps

I replace the trebles on my poppers when they get cruddy with Gamatsu singles and they dont seem to affect the action or hook up rate. They certainly make catch and release easier and quicker.

HMM thanks Langa....are they your bream and whiting poppers or kingsish / tailor size poppers?