I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!

Hello Raiders all,

Well here is round two's report from this weekend.

Due to the late finish yesterday I was up at 6 to watch the replay of the mighty Waratahs get another bonus point victory. You bloody beauty! :thumbup: Then had to wait till 10.30 for the 16yr old daughter's 1st boyfriend :thumbdown: to front up to meet us and join us on the Black Pig. Not happy Jan! :ranting2:

Finally on the water at 11 and off to Balmoral. Had trouble anchoring up in the strong westerly but finally positioned correctly and berleyed up a thousand yakkas. But do you think we could hook any? Not a chance the little mongrels! Managed only three in an hour's fishing. :05: So, in disgust, head to the wreck where there are usually plenty of bigger yakkas and anchored up. Sure enough we were into them stright away as well as slimeys and small squire and two plate size trevors. Managed to hook a couple of bait size yakkas in amongst the horse size ones then following a tipoff from a mate headed over to Dobroyd Pt marker bouy.

Anchor up, berley trail and again Dollface starts whipping my backside with squire and trevally. I've got the livies out in the hope of a King to top off an already great weekend. And sure enough BANG! something big hits one. I'm on to it in a flash and fit it for twenty seconds or so and then ..................... nothing. I think they heard me cursing as far away as Manly. :ranting2: Pulls it in and there is a rather distressed little yakka with bite marks on him but still kicking (just) so in he goes again. No sooner turn around and the now familiar site of an agitated livie on the bottom is sure enough followed by the slow bend in the rod. Then up comes another nice John Dory. So it's fish for dinner on Monday night as well. :thumbup: About now the lovebirds get bored and go inside the cabin which is fine except I turn around and find the ugly stik the boy wonder was using heading overboard! Managed to grab it just before it disappeared and you're not going to believe this but up comes yet another John Dory caught on a 1/0 hook with a tiny strip of slimey for bait! Was that a rainbow that just hit me in the arse?? :074: 8 Dory's for the weekend, smashed the previous record of three!

Meanwhile the nice size trev's are coming thick and fast from dollface and I keep throwing them back because I am on a mission. And just to prove there is a God the poor half chewed yakka pays the ultimate price when he gets SMASHED and I know from the moment I pick it up I've got a Kingy on. And away he went. Got him close to the boat pretty quickly then he just said stuff you and down, down , down he went. I'm still not brave enough to do the JoCool trick of letting the line loose so I just hang on for grim death. Eventually, after 4 or 5 good runs I bring him alongside only for the pimply faced youth to miss him 4 times with the net. :ranting2: He won't be geeting a guernsey again real soon I'm certain. :thumbdown: But in the end a beautiful 65cm job comes onboard and a wonderful weekend has been had. :1clap:

If life gets any better than this please don't tell me cause I'm off to the barby with a beautiful kingfish before the 3am alarm goes off to remind why I do this EVERY single chance I get.

And before I sign off I hope everyone had a great day at the social.

Cheers and tight lines,

Pete

Guest Jocool

Good stuff Pete. Always enjoy your reports! :thumbup:

As far as backing of on a King...Youdon't give it slack line...just let it have its head for a bit. Just back of a little, and you will be as surprised as I was to see that it turns rather quickly! :biggrin2:

My daughter is on notice that any boyfriends must be able to fish, catch beachworms, brew beer, enjoy rugby, haul up anchors and generally be able to make themselves useful on board a boat. Any shortcomings in any of those areas automatically disqualify them from having anything to do with my daughter. Any boyfriend who misses my fish more than once with gaff or net is skating on very thin ice with me. Some people say that I am a hard and demanding man, but I do not agree.

My daughter is on notice that any boyfriends must be able to fish, catch beachworms, brew beer, enjoy rugby, haul up anchors and generally be able to make themselves useful on board a boat. Any shortcomings in any of those areas automatically disqualify them from having anything to do with my daughter. Any boyfriend who misses my fish more than once with gaff or net is skating on very thin ice with me. Some people say that I am a hard and demanding man, but I do not agree.

45788[/snapback]

Cameron,

I couldn't agree more and I am also young enough to know that Iain's comment is also 100% correct! To make matters worse she isn't even my daughter! She is the daughter of very good friends of ours that live in South Africa. We have brought her over her to finish her final two years of school then hopefully on to University. Imagine what her parents would say to me if she comes home with an education of another variety? :hitsfan::hitsfan::hitsfan:

Cheers

Pete