Yo Zuri Floating Squid Jigs

A.dawg

Yesterdy i was at the tackle shop i saw a good looking yo-zuri squid jig and thought i'd try it out

Take it out off the box and tie it on a line to test the action in my bath tub Only to find it floats???

In small letter in the front it says floating and i hav a look at the back and it has drawings off paternoster rigging squid jigs

I hav never had any luck with paternoster rigging squid jigs but since i hav spent 16$ on this little jig i think i will hav to try.

Does anyone know how to rig squid jigs Properly to a paternoster because mine always tangles (which is why i dont catch using a paternoster)

And are these any better than a normal jig in a paternoster??

All help, advice appreciated

Alan

when rigging a paternoster you would normally have it weighted at the bottom with a sinker

so having weights on your squid jigs isnt really needed as all your doing is jigging them up and down

if your using unweighted jigs on the line they would have less tendency to foul up on your main line due to the lack of weight

Allan, I recommend you to try the dropper loop... Works for me But it sorta inhibits the action of the jig... But then again it means less tangles... I simply get a line that's probably 2.5m long, create a dropper loop which is about 10-20cm long (forming dropper loop uses double the length of line, so approx 30-40cm used). Below the dropper loop... Give it let's say 1.5m of line to keep the jig off the bottom and attach sinker. and the remainder (above the dropper loop attach a swivel). It's difficult to cast, but I've managed (landbased). But on kayak, it would work really great I'd say.

A little tip, to save your jigs is when snagged is to use some very light leader to attach to your sinker which is connected to this rig. eg. Main line rig = 20lb, sacrificial sinker line 6lb.

lol it would work great on your kayak but really crappy landbased.

post-7483-128140887778_thumb.jpg

Edited by zephi

I never got tangles even with weighted squid jigs. Never had a problem with it...

BUT I always have tangle problems when I use the conventional paternoster rig with 2 separate lines. 1 to sinker and 1 to lure.