Tinny Upgrade

jourdan

I am about to convert my 4.2 metre tinny with tiller steer ( 30 hp Mercury ) to a centre console control. I have looked at a plastic centre console and Teleflex controls. It all seems quite easy - that means there must be something ready to ambush me. Anyone done similar and can offer advise ?

Tunga

• 2 weeks later...

Tunga, been there done that:

Pic 1 - what it was.........

pic 2 & 3- what it is now.......

PM me if you need advice/help etc.

Russ.

Thanks for the info / pics. Have been crook so please accept apology for the late reply.

I was thinking of locating the centre consol mid way between forward and aft thwarts.

How does your boat track with the consol up front ?

Tunga, the boat now performs beautifully as the hull now works the way it was designed to. Nowhere near as much water coming in through slop etc. I used to get soaked sitting down the back - not any more. I find the hull now seems to ride a bit softer as well. I used to have to traverse the Harbour Bridge washing machine at walking speed, now I just barrel through at 15 knots without a problem.

PM me or give me a call if you want to discuss further.

Cheers, Russ.

Tunga, the boat now performs beautifully as the hull now works the way it was designed to. Nowhere near as much water coming in through slop etc. I used to get soaked sitting down the back - not any more. I find the hull now seems to ride a bit softer as well. I used to have to traverse the Harbour Bridge washing machine at walking speed, now I just barrel through at 15 knots without a problem.

PM me or give me a call if you want to discuss further.

Cheers, Russ.

Sounds like you did a top job - looks good too. Have completed mine now, but no 'sea trials' yet. Hope to be back on the water soon. I have fitted the console mid way between thwarts. Will check it out. Can still use the removable rear seat to drive, on stand. It wont be an issue to move it forward if needed. Did get the dreaded trap though. Fitted the gear/throttle in reverse - but thats sorted. Cheers Tunga