Where To Hook My Bait

patchy

hey guys, just a quick question before i head out fishing tonight, to try my new shimano tld 30 overhead :D sooo exited....anyways, just wondering where the best place to hook bonito and pike it if i want to livebait them, off the rocks arond jervis bay, because i've heard from some people around the spine, and other in the head....any advice is appreciated ta :1fishing1: !

hey guys, just a quick question before i head out fishing tonight, to try my new shimano tld 30 overhead :D sooo exited....anyways, just wondering where the best place to hook bonito and pike it if i want to livebait them, off the rocks arond jervis bay, because i've heard from some people around the spine, and other in the head....any advice is appreciated ta :1fishing1: !

In the back a little behind the head is prob the best place with a single hook. make sure you dont put it close to the spine other wise your live bait wont be live bait :thumbup:

Pete

Hi mate

with bonito and pike i would be bridle rigging them because of the size of the bait with a size 10/0 circle hook though the front part off the eye. You can use ether a rubber band or dacron for the loop. Run the leader up to a strong swivel then if using braid run a long shock leader of about 3 meters then to your braid.you have a long shock leader so when u land your fish the leader runs up on your reel so theres no chance your braid touchs the rocks.then just half inflate a balloon and tie it to your swivel with lite line or dental floss. Hope that helps mate good luck and hold on tight