Basin On Saturday

iggy

G`day all , fished St Georges Basin yesterday with Tangled1,with the threat of strong winds we decided to test our luck in Wandandian creek.We found it fairly slow ,to start with we flicked small hard bodies at some snags with little luck,i dropped 3 small bream at several different fishy looking snags, had a chat to a bloke in a yak who also said the going was slow , then we switched to some plastics & Tangled1 scored a nice 45cm flatty that exploded out of probally a foot of water to hit a bloodworm wriggler.We ventured a little bit further up the creek where we came across another boat who said they hadn`t had a touch.After spending a few hours in the creek we decided give the basin a blast.We set up a drift and tied on some blades.I got a small bream but again the going was tough.Seeking some shelter from the wind we headed into swan bay where in the end we ended up finding some flatty`s , a decent whiting that went close to 40cm & Tangled1 finally got to get a bream on his new set up of a daiwa certate & nitro vapor 7`.Here are some of the days catches, tight lines Iggy.

post-14155-128183547559_thumb.jpg

post-14155-128183549299_thumb.jpg

post-14155-128183558914_thumb.jpg

post-14155-128183565257_thumb.jpg

Iggy,

What were you using to catch the Whiting?

Looks like some kind of bass popper.

Nice big fish!

Appears to be an Ecogear Zx or something similar?

Looks like an entertaining day on the water, with some very nice fish ... well done! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Top report mate! And a top whiting :)

I love using the zx's especially if things are going tough

thanks mate ,yeah the zx out gunned all other blades on the day that`s for sure , as soon as tangled1 tied 1 on he started to get some results!,even the police we chatted to at the ramp were interested in`em.