Botany Bay Sunday 15Th

fran1mat

Hello Raiders,

Hit Botany Bay this morning for a few hours of soft plastics in the deeper water between Towra Point and Dolls Point.

We got a few small Flathead early (two about 25cm) and then everything went quite for the next 3 hours with barely a bite registered. We moved around, over to the jetty at Kurnell and drifting the Groins along the front of Kurnell for nothing.

We returned to the first spot drifting the deeper water again. By then the wind had calmed somewhat and the tide had reached somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4's making and we spent the next hour getting hit after hit. All dusky flathead ranging from 25cm to 52cm, with two over the 36cm legal limit. All up, 8 fish landed.

Dissapointingly we had to cut the session short due to another family commitment but I think the run of duskies would have kept going, for a while anyway. We finished up at 10am.

I will attach a photograph of the 52cm model with a 25cm model in the background, they came onboard at the same time.

post-10314-128185392801_thumb.jpeg

All fish released.

catch'n'release

Nice fish and congratulations on releasing them. I was at my sons rugby match at Camden at about 11am when a big front blew in with hail and strong wind......thought to myself 'I'm glad I not out on the water' :biggrin2: but obviously it was ok earlier in the day.

Hello Raiders,

Hit Botany Bay this morning for a few hours of soft plastics in the deeper water between Towra Point and Dolls Point.

We got a few small Flathead early (two about 25cm) and then everything went quite for the next 3 hours with barely a bite registered. We moved around, over to the jetty at Kurnell and drifting the Groins along the front of Kurnell for nothing.

We returned to the first spot drifting the deeper water again. By then the wind had calmed somewhat and the tide had reached somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4's making and we spent the next hour getting hit after hit. All dusky flathead ranging from 25cm to 52cm, with two over the 36cm legal limit. All up, 8 fish landed.

Dissapointingly we had to cut the session short due to another family commitment but I think the run of duskies would have kept going, for a while anyway. We finished up at 10am.

I will attach a photograph of the 52cm model with a 25cm model in the background, they came onboard at the same time.

post-10314-128185392801_thumb.jpeg

All fish released.

catch'n'release

Awesome on the catch and release.

Was fairly quiet out there, not many people caught anything.

We were there out there from 6 - 12:30.

The storm came and went pretty quick. Only had a quick shower and that was it.... Though it got really choppy and windy.

We caught 4 sambos and had a few bust offs.. overall a great day out on the water.

Great catch dude always good to fish in that slightly

deeper water at dolls we've encontered almost metre

crocs the wife and i just bait fishing in both areas

getting excited thinking we've caught a of a life time

and got it to the boat and went to put net under these

huge fish but let go just before capture because what

we originally caught was a squire with that massive flatty

hanging on,there are some huge lizards in the bay just need

to be caught and released of course always good times though.

Cheers Rizzo.