Daiwa

Grant 1874

I've got a tcurve 200 jig and a saltist spin 4500 with carbontex washers and a new handle and it can easy get kings around the magic 1m. Got 2 at 98cm and one at 82cm in the harbour in 14m of water with some bottom structure. Did it great. Your set up will bring in a 50kg tuna I reckon. I looked at that combo but it was an overkill for me. 37kg line rating and 30kg of drag which you probably would get pulled in at max drag was too much for me. Stripped the reel and is built extra tough and will cop a beating. I did a post a while back on this subject too and a few people gave some good ideas. It was tcurve/saltist combo in tackle talk forum still on the first page. I am happy with mine and would buy it again. Good luck Andrew.

I have a 4500h saltist spin reel coupled with a king mack spin 8-12 kilo t-curve with 30 pound braid, It does the job for throwing big plastics and poppers at kings and also live baiting and trolling. The saltist 4500h is the biggest 4500 sized reel ive ever seen, its the equivelant to most 5000-6000 size reels from other manufacturers.

Cheers,

Aaron

Hi Grant

Have no experience with the 6500 but have the 4500 Saltist (spooled with 15kg braid) on a Nito Godzilla 7 foot 10 to 15kg Spin. Very happy with this combo the reel has done some heavy work in Fiji and held up well.

Cheers Blood Knot

Thanks for the info guys, will get this combo now for sure

Cheers Grant

Thanks for the info guys, will get this combo now for sure

Cheers Grant

Hi Grant,

Have a Daiwa saltist 6500 coupled with a Daiwa Monster mesh PE 6-8 jig stick. 80 pound braid with 120 pound leader. Have caught some kings with it so far with no problem. Have recently bought a down rigger and some knife jigs/poppers and will give it a workout shortly hoping for some 1 metre + specimens. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cheers,

Gabe

i found a good picture of the tcurve 500 ill include it with the post

the 500 is way too big for around here

if you really want a tcurve go with the 200 the 500 is way too stiff

1316-1525-large.jpg

Nice pic :Funny-Post: lol

Not going to use it around hear, that would be over kill going to use it down south to jig with & switch bait for marlin with

Grant

well that's a different story all together

it might be what your after then

i dont fish for marlin so so cant really help you out

but if your after marlin i think you might want to look into getting a better reel

saltist might be fine for kings but for marlin you might want to look into some thing better

your also going to need a reel with a big spool so if the fish goes for a big run you wont get spooled

a big stella 20000 would do the job or look into overheads

Edited by Framedtrash