Queensland Beaches And Around Noosa

rjc123

Going to Coolum and Noosa soon and of course cant resist paccking a few rods. Never really fished the beaches around queensland so i dont know what to excpect. What fish are around Coolum Beach and The Noosa river at the moment. ive fished the noosa river quite a few times but not in the last 2 years. Mainly big flatties on whitebait for me but willing to try something else this time.

:1fishing1: Tom

Fished the Noosa waters in the Anchorage and caught quite some breams. Tried Noosa river with no luck but saw a lot breams swimming under the bridge at the Hastings side. That was back in 2005 though.

Edited by ABCfisho

Yeh, i havent been up there for a few years either. last time i mainly fished around the mouth of the river for flatties and whiting. never caught a bream up there but i know they r definitely quite common.

Back in about '84/'85, I lived basically on the beach at Sunshine Beach and regularly caught feeds of bream, tailor and dart. I particularly did well on the rocks at the northern end of Sunshine. Coolum, a little further south should not be much different.

Baz

• 4 weeks later...

Going in about 2 weeks. decided to just fish myself rather than with a day charter guide seeing ive just been to weipa. Any more tips that for the landbased angler in the river or rocks. preferably only light rocks without much swell because i dont have a rock fishing outfit at the moment.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Also at the moment apparenly there are trevs, queenies, tailor more busting up around the mouth. That's where ill bait fish from in my secret flattie spot but what SP would be the best up there. Also small metals for the pelagics.