Boat Ramp - Georges River National Park - Alfords Point Bridge

suttonscurse

Hi Guys . Took my new boat for its 1st shake down cruise on the Georges river yesterday.(extremely pleased with its performance , everything worked and I managed to launch / retreive easily by myself)

Launched it from the Boat ramp at Georges River National Park - near Alfords Point Bridge.

Boat ramp / Parking is very well designed with excellent wharves however the western ramp is badly sanded up and there are some humungous (really deep and large) pot holes in the loop driveway from the parking area to the ramps.

I don't mind paying the $7.00 entry fee but I would expect a better level of maintenance (especially with the pot holes which are big enough to cause suspension damage)

There were some NPWS rangers who came around to chase up cars which were parked in the trailer only parking bays but I wasn't quick enough to ask them about the needed repairs to the roads.

regards Bill

Edited by Suttons Curse

Hi, it's a really good ramp compared to some of the other ramps i have launched from, but beware as the summer weather creeps in as you will experience the dreaded jet skiers who don't seem to have any ideas on what etiquette means, also i have been approaching the jetty at low speed ready to dock when people towing tubes have cut in front of me which in my opinion was downright dangerous, great to use during the week, but not at weekends.

Regards Roy