Twin Power 1000 Which Rod?

A.dawg

Gone on a tackle spree and hav another question about another outfit

Getting a Shimano twin power 1000 and looking for a rod to match with it

Was looking at a lox 1-3 for about $200

or a t Curve flight 1-4kg for about $210

I know the lox vs t curve flight question has been asked just few dys ago but this is a smaller sized reel...

Does any one have any suggestions on another rod or which of these 2 will be good for bream fishing with surface lures and plastics from land and kayak

Thanks alan

Edited by A.dawg

Gone on a tackle spree and hav another question about another outfit

Getting a Shimano twin power 1000 and looking for a rod to match with it

Was looking at a lox 1-3 for about $200

or a t Curve flight 1-4kg for about $210

I know the lox vs t curve flight question has been asked just few dys ago but this is a smaller sized reel...

Does any one have any suggestions on another rod or which of these 2 will be good for bream fishing with surface lures and plastics from land and kayak

Thanks alan

Get a Nitro Power Bream finesse or if u're cashed up get a Nitro Vapor. I can't say much about the T Curve as I don't own one, the Lox ain't a bad rod but they have a reputation for being brittle.

Having said that I used it on the weekend chasing carp and I got 3 fish over 10 lb's on 2lb microfuse and it seemed to creak a little on what i'd consider as whimpy drag settings i'd be nervous putting any line heavier than 4lb on it. My Nitro's feel a lot more solid and better built than the Lox and I'd have a lot more faith handling a jewie or kingy that occasionally hit my bream lures than i would on the lox

Not a repetitive question... the last one was about bass fishing :biggrin2:

Since getting my Lox rods, my 1-3 ans 2-4kg T-Curves have been gathering dust on my rod rack. I'm not sure where the reputation for being brittle comes from but they are very light rods and any carbon rod with a tip this fine is fragile... I've not had a problem and I know a lot of people who fish with them too without problems.

With that said, I'm not sure that either option or a Nitro Vapor is ideal for surface luring (but they'll all do the job very well). To get the best out of surface lures, a rod that is a bit stiffer in the tip is ideal so that every tweak is transferred directly to the lure... I know Hodgey loves his Daiwa Sol rod for the purpose. I don't do a lot of surface luring so I'm happy with my Lox but to be honest, like the Vapor (less sure about the Flight) the tip is a little lighter than I'd like for a dedicated surface rod.

Cheers, Slinky

Not a repetitive question... the last one was about bass fishing :biggrin2:

Since getting my Lox rods, my 1-3 ans 2-4kg T-Curves have been gathering dust on my rod rack. I'm not sure where the reputation for being brittle comes from but they are very light rods and any carbon rod with a tip this fine is fragile... I've not had a problem and I know a lot of people who fish with them too without problems.

With that said, I'm not sure that either option or a Nitro Vapor is ideal for surface luring (but they'll all do the job very well). To get the best out of surface lures, a rod that is a bit stiffer in the tip is ideal so that every tweak is transferred directly to the lure... I know Hodgey loves his Daiwa Sol rod for the purpose. I don't do a lot of surface luring so I'm happy with my Lox but to be honest, like the Vapor (less sure about the Flight) the tip is a little lighter than I'd like for a dedicated surface rod.

Cheers, Slinky

Yea i always hear they are brittle but when i loaded one they felt very light yet strong and they have a beautiful bend in them Looks like a lox for twinpower

Bream bucket im going to match a symetre 1000 with a rod as well so i'll probly go the starlo stick

Thanks for replies :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

THe okuma precision X Tournament Rod is very good for it price as well. I recently purchased one and watched it load when i hooked onto a salmon. Beautiful sight. My one is the 7" 2 piece. Rating is about 7kgs.

Thanks for the info but already got the outfit last week.

matched it with the lox and it feels great... Bled the outfit on a 40cm blurter. it put up a hell off a fight on 4lb

Thanks for the info but already got the outfit last week.

matched it with the lox and it feels great... Bled the outfit on a 40cm blurter. it put up a hell off a fight on 4lb

Thats all good mate. But Hey, thats a wonderful way to break in the new oufit, Im looking to get a new 2500 reel to match the rod I mentioned. Tossing between the Daiwa Steez or the Twin Power. I really don't think I'd last using 4lb of the rocks.