Clip Swivels

ollii

just wondering what everyones thoughts on using a clip on swivel on lures, with bass season apon us i will be digging up the lures and bass rod out and im sick and tired of tieing lures on to my leader when one dosnt work and i have to change. and then the leader getting shorter and shorter and less time fishing and more rigging.

do they affect the action of the lure

do the add to much weight and unsettle the action of the lure

will they spook the fish at all.

i will be using a shakespear over head with 5lb braid and 10lb flurocarbon leader on a shimano 6'6 rod.

The Norman speed clips are fantastic in the smallest size and will never break,I use them on everything from SX40s to deep diving minnows and have no problems.

Cheers Stewy

You can also purchase a product called a fly clip, they are that small and light they will not affect the action of any lure.Although if you have fat fingers you will need to carry a pair of long nose pliers to hold the clip while you attach the lure. cheers troutboy

You can also purchase a product called a fly clip, they are that small and light they will not affect the action of any lure.Although if you have fat fingers you will need to carry a pair of long nose pliers to hold the clip while you attach the lure. cheers troutboy

I use these as well and find that splitring pliers are a great help for changing lures while using fly clips

+1 for Norman Speed Clips. Before Swordy suggested them to me I never used clips or swivels if I could help it but the Speed Clips are quick, convenient, strong and most importantly, don't seem to effect the action of lures... even very small lures. I use them whenever I know I'll be making lots of lure changes.

Cheers, Slinky

I've always favoured snap swivels because I tend to change lures a lot and I hate tying knots all the time - (it's getting harder now I need reading glasses ;) ). I do use the smallest snap swivels I can get e.g. size 14 - I don't have many problems with them affecting action but they do foul up on casting at times.

I will check out these Norman clips. They sound like they may do the job. :)

Baz

I also use Norman Speed Clips and Fly Clips. No lost fish to date and I have total faith in both types of clip.

More recently I used Hawaiin Clips on a trip to Weipa. These worked very well on the bigger lures and fish.

I also use clips 'cos I hate tying knots.

• 1 month later...