Boultons

luvbigfish

hi raiders , headed our yesterday morning from brooklyn with my 2 daughters (8&11) and my partner , left the ramp about 6.30am , was a slight breeze but conditions looked good and water 16.5 degrees , headed straight out to boultons reef , landed a few undersize reds , and my yougest daughter caught a 50cm sargent baker which made her day ,after about 2 hours with not much happening decided to try up north (west /east reef). i went to fire her up but nothing :unsure: at his stage the wind started picking up SSW and so did the swell , fiddled around with the fuses and checked the leads but nothing ,was dead!! to make things worse both kids started to get sea sick and there was nothing i could do , had to call marine rescue at broken bay , told them my co ordinates and they said they would call me back with an ETA and to drop my anchor ,with both kids both crook there was nothing to do but wait and be rescued :( . so me and my partner(sharon) carried on fishing while we waited , sharon ended up landing a nice 48cm flatty. i decided to have a fiddle with the wiring again and turned on all my lights and accessories and turned the key and away she went :1clap: she fired up!! :unsure: , got straight on the phone and rang marine rescue up and informed them that all was good , they told me that they were in the boat and to ring back in 5 minutes , just to make sure all was good , headed straight back to parsley bay without a problem , kids were releaved to hop onto land as were we , stopped the motor and fired it back up 5 times without and issues? was such a nice day sharon wanted to continue fishing but i was a bit hesitant,but thought id take a chance,i stayed close to the ramp and went for a fish near and aroung the railway bridge, kids caught a few catfish,eels and small flatties , in the end turned out to be a great day , and never had any problems with the motor , still not sure what went wrong out there but will be taking it to my auto electrician to fix the problem , was a bit scary being stuck outside with the kids and sharon on board. :thumbdown:

post-13338-073155400 1284257818_thumb.jpg

Good report there mate and a timely reminder. I could not imagine anything worse as far as the kids go. I reckon my girls would bnever come with me again if that happens. I think I am going to send my rig off for a service.

Cheers

erroll