Planning To Buy Boat

macmac

Hi Phil, I didn't notice your query regards 2 stroke fuel. Is the motor oil injected? If so then you will have a oil container down the stern of the boat and the oil is pumped up and mixed as it goes into the motor. This is an issue that a marine mechanic should look at before you purchase it. If this has stuffed up at any time it can cause motor failure.(Why did he have a compression test on a 80hr motor) If it's running tote tanks then yes you will have to premix it yourself. Easily done just read the instructions om the side of the 2stroke oil bottle and add what it says for the amount of fuel and then fill up with unleaded and it will mix itself. Beware that you don't use ethanol blend, if the service station(do any of them do service anymore?) hasn't straight unleaded fuel then use premium. Your partner has pulled out? Partnerships in boats rarely work out your better of taking the bank as a financial partner.

Regards Jeff

Edited by Day's Fishin

One of our site sponsors is a Mobile Marine mechanic. I highly recommend you give him (ASH) a call. I only recently bought my first boat a few months ago. It was also a used one and also a old hull. In my opinion if the seller is trying to sway you away from an inspection from a marine mechanic then something is obviously wrong and the seller is trying to hide it. My advice to you is to spend the 200-300 to get the boat inspected by a marine mechanic. They will inspect it from head to toe and will be able to identify any dodgy stuff or any damages etc. For us being amateurs and having limited knowledge of boats, especially second hand boats, your safest option is just to call a marine mechanic. As I mentioned I called Xtreme mobile mechanic and got my boat inspected, the cash was handed over straight after i recieved the A - OK.

Good luck with your purchase anyway

Thanx for the referral. I talked to Ash this afternoon and he is fully booked till end of next week. Anyway, I told him that I will be out of Sydney on next week for a holiday to Cairns and He said just call him after I come back and he will try to fit me in after that. Very nice person to talk. He told me that he can also conduct a water test for me beside checking of the engine. I hope the vessel is still not sold after I back from holiday. The seller rang me yesterday morning while I'm sleeping (I work at nite in city and sleep during the daytime) and he mentioned that there is someone from Newcastle going to inspect his boat on this coming weekend. It seems not much Stacer 525 available in the market and there's a chance the boat can be sold out.

Just wondering what boat u got there? Is it an alloy one?

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil, I didn't notice your query regards 2 stroke fuel. Is the motor oil injected? If so then you will have a oil container down the stern of the boat and the oil is pumped up and mixed as it goes into the motor. This is an issue that a marine mechanic should look at before you purchase it. If this has stuffed up at any time it can cause motor failure.(Why did he have a compression test on a 80hr motor) If it's running tote tanks then yes you will have to premix it yourself. Easily done just read the instructions om the side of the 2stroke oil bottle and add what it says for the amount of fuel and then fill up with unleaded and it will mix itself. Beware that you don't use ethanol blend, if the service station(do any of them do service anymore?) hasn't straight unleaded fuel then use premium. Your partner has pulled out? Partnerships in boats rarely work out your better of taking the bank as a financial partner.

Regards Jeff

Thanx for the valuable advice. I will ask the mechanic whether it is oil injected or the other way. It sounds like the vessel engine is quite sensitive to the quality of petrol use compare to car engine. I will pay attention on that. Yeah, my business partner may pulled out but I will still invite him to have a ride if i buy the alloy boat.

Cheers

Phil

I wouldn't hesitate to take you out on my boat for a water test it I was selling, I have nothing to hide!

My motor is oil injected so like Jeff said you just place the oil there and thats it, your done!

Mate I wouldn't worry about that Stacer if I was you, if its meant to be it will be. Even though your heart is set on it now, if its right it will be yours :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I'll have an appointment with the seller together with Ash at 12pm on tomorrow for drive test of the Stacer 525. Will meet them on Drummoyne boat ramp. Most likely will take the boat home if no big problem with the boat. I asked the seller about the outboard and he told me that it is motor oil injected and no need to premix the petrol as it got a seperate container for the motor oil.

I can't sleep very well last nite as i'm getting excited and excited (mate, this is my first boat in my life) and it makes me feel like to poo all the time. By the way, what r the paper works required for buying used boat? is it similar to buying a used car (handout the signed rego and go to RTA)? How about insurance? do i need to get green slip?

Yeah, I got my license on last week by attending the one day boat license course but i forgot to ask the instructor about the paper works for buying a used boat. Raiders, pls help me out on my queries as im really new to boating at all.

Regards,

Phil

hey Phil, its the same as buying a car mate, he has to sign over the REGO & the BOAT papers and then u fill your part out then take it the rta foir the rego on trailer / then go to the waterways to transfer the boat over aswell.... if your near Blacktown its all in the same building wich makes it realy easy.. also no green slip reqired

p.s hope all works out well for you

cheers john

Edited by johnv

Hi to all fishraiders.

Today I want to announce that from nowon I'm a boat owner now. hahaha. I bring it home already.

Very exciting day and have a mix feeling of happiness and nervous. Just don't know how to describe. I will post some photos once I figure out how to upload them. I also mentioned recently there's a boatoing section which i should write my thread there. Only realise it few days ago. And most important is a lot of information regarding only boating topics.

By the way, I want to thanx to all fish raiders again and really appreciate for the enourmous help i get from all of u. Its really a good choice to be a fish raider member.

Anyone want to have a ride with a beginner boater (Unfortunately, I still haven't get the insurance yet so take at your own risk but will get it very soon). Well, I think i can drive the boat but in snail mode (u won't expect speed from the beginner).

Tonite probably can't sleep well as I still havent get a proper security lock for the boat. Going to buy it tomorrow first thing in the morning from Biasboating warehouse.

Regards,

Phil

:1welcomeani: :thumbup:happy :1fishing1: hope u enjoy your new boat & hope u have all the pleasure out of it after all the stuffing around u have had with buying it.Dont forget to get your insurance done, with the amount of boats that r being reported stolen over the last couple of months u just cant afford not to have these days.

cheers john

Hi alls,

First, let me show off my new USED Stacer 525 Sea Master. :thumbup:

Here it is:

post-3246-046972000 1287413917_thumb.jpg

post-3246-027442600 1287413965_thumb.jpg

I'm planning to have a trip very soon. Just fixed up the insurance and rego transfer yesterday. I would like to acknowledge Ash from Extreme Mobile for inspecting the vessel for me on last tuesday and he checked the vessel in details for me. Actually, he mentioned to me the bilge pump underneath the board was quiet and maybe broken or wire loose and still haven't checked it out for myself. This is the most priority that must be fix before go for my first trip. Also, he told me that the wheel bearing play abit on the trailer which i will ask my mechanic to fix very soon. Anyway, the boat is in very good condition as what he told me.

Thanx for Maiders advice and definitely will find the most quiet day to do my first outing. I dont want to let ppl laugh at me as i may take more than half hour to move my boat from the ramp and show me this :thumbdown:

Besides, getting a new wheel clamp and trailer lock, I also got a new engine clock but still can't understand the wiring diagram provided. Probably some raiders here can help me by showing me some photos of wiring of the engine clock. (I'm totally dumb in electrical).

My first trip will be most likely in hawksbury river near spencer to do some crabbing and fishing with kids. Afterthat, will go for some adventure (of course without kids with me) to north head with some pros.

Will do a fishing report after my first trip with kids.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil, I'm glad all went OK for you. The bilge pump is no problem even if it is stuffed they don't cost much and as you already have one the wiring harness will already be there. As for lose wheel bearings,you have to tend to that before you lose a wheel. All the trailers you see along the road with a wheel off or hanging is normally through lack of maintenance, at the start of every season you should inspect and repack your bearing if you don't want to be stranded or worst have an accident. They are simple to do once someone has showed you the basics. Happy boating Phil.

Regards Jeff

Nice boat mate! Why don't you go to Berowra boat ramp? It's really calm there, lots of space and it's good to learn. Lot

s of friendly people tehre to help. I saw a guy yesterday trying to get his boat on and I was there to help and a few others too.

Everyone has been there before. I suggest you go to a big carpark and practice reversing a bit too with the boat.

I remember the first time I reversed, I started on one end, and ended up way off on the other side haha!

Hi all, I'll have an appointment with the seller together with Ash at 12pm on tomorrow for drive test of the Stacer 525. Will meet them on Drummoyne boat ramp. Most likely will take the boat home if no big problem with the boat. I asked the seller about the outboard and he told me that it is motor oil injected and no need to premix the petrol as it got a seperate container for the motor oil.

I can't sleep very well last nite as i'm getting excited and excited (mate, this is my first boat in my life) and it makes me feel like to poo all the time. By the way, what r the paper works required for buying used boat? is it similar to buying a used car (handout the signed rego and go to RTA)? How about insurance? do i need to get green slip?

Yeah, I got my license on last week by attending the one day boat license course but i forgot to ask the instructor about the paper works for buying a used boat. Raiders, pls help me out on my queries as im really new to boating at all.

Regards,

Phil

Congratulations, Phil, nice rig.

By the way, you stopped poo-ing yet?

Tuffy