Sunday Sydney Habour

kingiemaster

Quick "no fish" report

Went out for a fish yesterday with me old man.

Squiding was hard work but managed a few (my old man caught a ripper at Middle Head the previous day, would have been about 40 odd cm).

Caught few yakkas for good measure before commencing fishing at what must have been well past 9am.

Anyway we dragged yakkas around on the down rigger at the colours, south head, north head and north harbour for zip. Then it was the squids turn in Middle Habour for zip. Based on other first hand reports I probably should have stayed in Middle Harbour using the squid rather than messing about in the main habour.

So it's still hard work out there but I expect it will pick up over the next couple of weeks.

Dave

Same here. Got squid and yakkas with the hope of a Kingy but to no avail, the water is still at a chilli 16 degress in the harbour, went 2nm miles from the colours where it it hit 17 degress. Only captures i saw where a few boats chasing salmon/tailor/bonito in the washes of North head and some bird activity around South Head towards the colours. Cant be to long now until the warm water currents hit the harbour.. I Hope :wacko:

Hmmm still good kingys in middle harbour, landed one on saturday that went 68cm, with some big followers behind it. And missed the strike on 2 more, and pulled hooks on 2 "bigger" kingys going hard in 14-16metres of water, fishing right on the very bottom :wacko: . All feel to squid and cuttle fish, our yakkas were being brutalised by squid.

Dan

Hmmm still good kingys in middle harbour, landed one on saturday that went 68cm, with some big followers behind it. And missed the strike on 2 more, and pulled hooks on 2 "bigger" kingys going hard in 14-16metres of water, fishing right on the very bottom :wacko: . All feel to squid and cuttle fish, our yakkas were being brutalised by squid.

Dan

I heard second hand that Greg has been getting them in Middle Harbour. Heard the same thing again first hand from another reliable source on Sunday morning when we were squiding. And I tend fish and do well in Middle Harbour in September/October. So I should have known better and stayed Middle Harbour using the squid we had. But I wanted to take my old man for a run, show him some yakka grounds and different spots etc. As a result we didnt start fishing Middle Harbour until midday. Finally had what appeared to be Kings on the sounder (mid water) at the last spot we tried but they werent interested as I think it was too late in the day.

I heard second hand that Greg has been getting them in Middle Harbour. Heard the same thing again first hand from another reliable source on Sunday morning when we were squiding. And I tend fish and do well in Middle Harbour in September/October. So I should have known better and stayed Middle Harbour using the squid we had. But I wanted to take my old man for a run, show him some yakka grounds and different spots etc. As a result we didnt start fishing Middle Harbour until midday. Finally had what appeared to be Kings on the sounder (mid water) at the last spot we tried but they werent interested as I think it was too late in the day. Yea word does travel pretty on the water, he knows alot of people and even more know him :-). Dan