What Is Your Most Memorable Catch While Fishing Other Than The Fish Itself?

Pongrass18ft

Hi fishraiders,

Biggest catch of my life turned out not to be a fish :(

Couple of mates and myself were trolling out of Sydney Heads a while back. Swell was up but we pushed on anyway. Watching the swell and not really wanting to be out there I left the guys to watch the rods. Now this is where it was funny.....approximately 6km's out I turn around and said "Trevor, we're on left corner" he's grabbed the rod and was winding in like it was a fish of a lifetime. Because of the high swell we couldn't see what was being reeled in. After a decent battle we landed a kayaker :1yikes: . All was sweet as we only hooked his Kayake with the lure and he apologised for going over my trolling lines. He wouldn't even let us take him back to shore.

Not the monster fish we wanted but it makes you aware that anything can happen offshore.

Hope to hear from other fishraiders any unusual catches they've had.

pongrass18ft

gday

was fishing yesterday landbased botany bay(frenchmans bay) and a pod of dolphins appeared. About 5 of them along with a couple of babies, was pretty amazing. I had some pilcahrds out and after seeing the dolphins furiously reeled in my line just in case. Anyway bait was couple of metres away and saw the dolphin have a go at it, just missing!!!Was amazing to see the dolphin in full flight just a couple of metres away from the breakwall but cant help wondering what would have happened if I had hooked up. Had quite a heavy leader on so pretty glad I didnt for the dolphins and my rods sakeHas anyone ever hooked up to a dolphin??Also hooked a seagull diving for my floated pilchard,had to reel him in and release him, dont think he'll be going for my pilchard again anytime soon!

Georgieboy

I caught a speed boat while trolling and got spooled. 450m of 50lb braid hopefully all over the inconsiderate guys prop. At first I got super excited and thought I was onto the lochness monster but quickly realised I wasn't. Not happy Jan!