Skeeter Weekend

Breambucket

Hey guys

Went up to south west rocks to fish with my uncle in there annual fishing comp / get together

It was definitely a hard weekend and i have never fished fast moving water with lures befor but i was up to the challenge :)

heres a pic of the vessel we fished out of

2dbmosk.jpg

Day 1 started off slow and we could only manage flattties and small bream for the first couple of hours, i had a go at some hard bodys (first time in salt water) and pulled what i thought was a nice bream out of some cover but it ended up being a nice bass in really salty water! there you go basscatcher one for you :)

28b8xoh.jpg

We fished rock walls that were basically anywhere between 14-30ft deep and basically hopped both plastics and blades down them which as you could imagine takes a hell of alot of your tackle with it :ranting2:

We finally found some bream but most were between 21-24 fork length, heres a pic of the first we caught

29vdmpv.jpg

After around 20 flatties and a couple of nice lost bream i decided to try using a stinger hook in the tail and i finally landed our first legal bream (and only of the weekend) which went 425 grams and around 28 fork which was still good enough for 9th over all the first day

sorry no pic this one went straight into the live well

Day 2 was alot slower and even though the bream didnt play for us i still had a good time and landed some nice flatties and whiting. for everyone in the comp it was a hard weekend and the bag that won the comp for 8 fish was only around 3.4kg or something

I enjoyed myself the whole time and it was still a great experience, a few teams didnt even weighed in a bream so it just goes to show how tough it really was

Here are a few pics from the weekend

1gmwys.jpg

a3crci.jpg

35d0qb7.jpg

Thanks for reading guys

Pete

Edited by Breambucket

Day 1 started off slow and we could only manage flattties and small bream for the first couple of hours, i had a go at some hard bodys (first time in salt water) and pulled what i thought was a nice bream out of some cover but it ended up being a nice bass in really salty water! there you go basscatcher one for you :)

28b8xoh.jpg

Thanks for reading guys

Pete

hahahaha - good one Pete :biggrin2: . Sounds like a tough weekend, although it could have been worse.....the flattie count looked good.

Them were the days, miss the Skeeter comps, friendly trip away with a bunch of like minded fishos that are willing to share. Had my best days bassin out at Glenbawn fishing them.

Bring on the Contender trip next month on Nomad! :yahoo:

Greg

Congrats on doing the comp. Sounded really tough but you managed some bream even where others had'nt.

Upgrading to a skeeter some time in the future???

Mate i would love a skeeter and they are a great boat but i think the cost for me at this stage is a little too much

maybe in a few years :)

are you goin to the social in the bay? we can have that friendly comp we were talking about :)