Egi Rods

WillN

yeah its not going to happen ha

these rods are for squid they are made to run ultralight line the guides are tiny and the largest leader you would be able to use would be 20lb

if you do connect to a king and it doesn't snap your rod its going to be a long drawn out fight which isnt going to end well for the king

I called up a place in sydney the other day for a custom flick stick... The 2-4kg 702 I was after started at $470...

Seriously, how much better are they? I know these guys have to make a living, but what exactly am i getting for $470 out of a custom rod that i can't get from the $99 Pflueger Trion i just bought the other day. I know this is all a bit off topic, but can someone enlighten me.

Your paying for expensive parts. On really expensive custom rods the blank alone is worth 200-300. You have to put into consideration the time and effort it takes to make the rod. Custom rods usually have very good quality blanks hence that is one of the big reasons the rod is so much more expensive then something you can purchase at BigW. It may look very similiar but you will see the difference between them if you load up both rods and compare. At the end of the day you get for what you pay for.