Daiwa Steez And Certate

steze

Im looking to purchase a good quality 2500 size reel and it has come down to the Daiwa Steez or the Daiwa certate. I would like to know if anyone has used or owned either of these and which one would be more suited for saltwater. A bloke and the tackle shop told me that the steez is not as good for saltwater then the certate is. He advised me that the Steez after a while will start to become rough when retrieving because of the salt and crap that gets inside. Ive seen many clips on youtube of people using the steez offshore catching huge snapper. Seems to me like a beautiful light reel with alot of grunt. Pretty much Id like a second opinion on it because the steez cost more then the certate. The 2500 reel will be matched with a Okuma precision x Tournnament 7" rod. Fishing landbased and boat occasionaly. Will be casting small lures and also bait fishing.

Mate there both top reels that come with a top price tag. Have a look at the shimano stradic ci4 2500 size only waighs 200gr has a 7kg drag top little reel also easy as to get severced when needed.

I looked at the stradic as well but I don't know its just something I don't like about it. The older version i really liked and also I've had my eyes on the steez and the certate for a while now.

keep an eye on the line roller on the bail arm of the certate .have the 2500 and 3500 hd custom ,both have had them replaced twice .

What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking. Ive heard of a similiar issue on the saltigas. But never heard of it on the certates. Do they just crack? And how can i avoid it from happening.

What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking. Ive heard of a similiar issue on the saltigas. But never heard of it on the certates. Do they just crack? And how can i avoid it from happening.

I think they are a crap bearing .I do keep oil on them .Im going to buy some better quality bearings full stainless. balls and all .most run steal balls not stainless , they are a good reel ,

Edited by customcasting