Forward Control Trouble

david88

Hey guys, i have an 1985 evinrude 70hp outboard on my halfcab which i am having issues with.

2 trips ago the warmup rev lever stopped working, it hangs loose and does not rev the engine which is fine because the engine starts fine with out it.

last trip i was outside the heads and went to put the boat into gear once started and the throttle leaver would not go forward or into reverse. I soon eralised that this must be because the control box is not registering that the warmup lever is fully down.

Luckily water police were cruising past so they opened it up and had a fiddle but could not fix it and had to tow us, however in fiddling they changed the positioning of a number of parts inside it. now when i turn the engine on it is in neutral but with full revs.

Could anyone give me any advice as to where i can find some sort of information or diagram of what position each part inside this box is meant to be in before i close it up. i am a full time student so do not wish to purchase a new box if i do not have to.

to make things worse we were having the best fishing day ever before it broke down. To make things even worse when i got back to the ramp the car would not start. to make things even even worse when i was putting the boat on the trailer the cable snapped.

Thanks in advance for your replies guys, if you recieve this post as a Private Message it is because you have given me guidance in the past and i value your opinion.

Regards Dave Esber.

hey if u need a winch cable i have a spare 1 at home that i was going to throw away so if u want it give us a call. i live in mt druitt. 0407222091 give us a ring 24/7

cheers john

Thanks John but our old one is pretty long and should be fine, just need to re-crimp it. cheers anyway