Nepean

Flatty.Fan686

Went down to the Nepean River today to have a flick around with some lures for Bass with a mate .

As I don't normally fish freshwater . This was all a very new experience for me . Im used to saltwater fishing. Get some bait on the end of the hook chucking it down & just sitting there & waiting for the fish to come to me :)

We headed down at around 8.30 am & Started up towards the M4 bridge . With no luck after trying a number of spots .

After that my mate suggested we head down towards the weir to give that a crack at some spots he knew down there . We went down there & Had a go at the spot he said looked like a great spot for bass & Bang ! Within 2 minutes of being in the water . He got a hit & Landed one .

Unfortunately that was the only fish we managed to get for the day . But it was still quite enjoyable & It turned out to be a nice day once all the clouds cleared away .

Atleast the fishing season is back & I can't wait to get into it all again :) But I think I'll stick towards Saltwater fishing as Im a bit better at that :) lol .

Cheers , Rhys :1fishing1:

Edited by Flatty.Fan686

And how did you go mate?

Yeh sorry about that . The rest of the report is up now . Not to sure what happened but when I was a quarter of the way through typing the report , It posted :(

Im Also adding a photo of the bass my mate caught up now .

Unfortunatey we didn't have anything to measure the bass before we put him back in the water :(

Yeh sorry about that . The rest of the report is up now . Not to sure what happened but when I was a quarter of the way through typing the report , It posted :(

Im Also adding a photo of the bass my mate caught up now .

Unfortunatey we didn't have anything to measure the bass before we put him back in the water :(

Dont worry to much most people just take a pic close to the rod as we can guess from looking at the pics some also leave small marks on there rods which help with sizes...but as was said before bass fishing is very additive indeed.

Looking at your hand in the pic I would hazard a guess at 25cm. Rhys bass fishing is best done at dawn or dusk and when there is a storm brewing as these are the times their natural food is abundant (insects) When their aggressively on the bite, you wont find a more enjoyable fighting fish to tangle with. Pound for pound theirs not much that can match their strike and fighting abilities.

Regards Jeff

Still making their way up to the M4 bridge and beyond.. :biggrin2::074:

Give it another 2 - 4 weeks and you should start having some fun ( normally you can catch the smaller ones around the pylons unuder the M4 at this time of year ) but has been quiet i have been advised.

Hoping all this rain gives it a nice flush out and stirr up! :thumbup:

Hope to catch ya down there some time!

CHeeRS

Antun

Edited by Anroco

Went down to the Nepean River today to have a flick around with some lures for Bass with a mate .

As I don't normally fish freshwater . This was all a very new experience for me . Im used to saltwater fishing. Get some bait on the end of the hook chucking it down & just sitting there & waiting for the fish to come to me :)

We headed down at around 8.30 am & Started up towards the M4 bridge . With no luck after trying a number of spots .

After that my mate suggested we head down towards the weir to give that a crack at some spots he knew down there . We went down there & Had a go at the spot he said looked like a great spot for bass & Bang ! Within 2 minutes of being in the water . He got a hit & Landed one .

Unfortunately that was the only fish we managed to get for the day . But it was still quite enjoyable & It turned out to be a nice day once all the clouds cleared away .

Atleast the fishing season is back & I can't wait to get into it all again :) But I think I'll stick towards Saltwater fishing as Im a bit better at that :) lol .

Cheers , Rhys :1fishing1:

well done on the bass