Pittwater

rjc123

Hi all,

i realise that i am probably posting way too often but anyway.

This summer i would like to fish pittwater a bit. There are a few things that i need to know though.

1. Where and how to catch live bait for Kingies,flathead, jewies etc.

2.Good spots to fish.

3. Good trolling lures and spots.

4. For back up if the livies aren't playing then what baits are best.

Basically i have two strong outfits and a lighter one for this sort of stuff. Would the way to go be use the light one for trolling and the other strong ones for bait fishing.

I can answer the live bait question...west head is the prime spot for livies. Either use live bait jigs or just some tiny hooks with bread. Burley up alot too.

As for the rest of the info, I look forward to what others have to say!

Cheers Hiles

I can answer the live bait question...west head is the prime spot for livies. Either use live bait jigs or just some tiny hooks with bread. Burley up alot too.

As for the rest of the info, I look forward to what others have to say!

Cheers Hiles

When u say west head did u mean the pillboxes???? and also how far from the shore should u anchor???

The only problem is i dont have a boat at the moment so i will be hiring one and they dont have sounders and probably wont be allowed out to the pillboxes however, last time they let us go out as far as the heads. also, With the bread would you use the doe part of it or the crusty part??? i dont fish with bread often