Botany Arvo Session

Hey guys i love finishing early on fridays so i hit the bay for a solo session

With the social tomorrow i wanted to see if i could find some fish and to see how i would go using 3lb line and leader :1yikes:

Started off in the main channel between towra and captian cook bridge, second cast i was into a good fish using a zx35 and after a nice fight to my surprise i landed another blackie on lure :)

a decent size but he was prob the fattest one i have caught (my biggest on weed bein 43cm)

29axjqq.jpg

After alot of annoying baby reds i moved towards towra more and instantly picked up an angry flattie that had the whole plastic in its mouth. normally im not too worried but with the really light leader i was a little nervous but in the end the i did it with ease

Im actually pretty confident that the lighter leader could handle a way bigger fish if played right so im happy with the results

2dhcq6v.jpg

Stayed around towra for way too long so i moved over to kernell where things really picked up, i got a few bream but non of great size just the 2 legal fish and maybe 10 or so legal trevs that all went back

2exauyv.jpg

im2hvk.jpg

29bn4b7.jpg

Not a bad arvo very frustrating at times but i didnt get busted off by any fish on the light stuff and it looks like some bream are finally goin to start playing for us guys in the bay

see you all tommrrow

Pete